Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Stevia

Last nite I made my 3rd attempt at another keto dessert/snacks. So far all 3 were nasty. I'm wondering if it has to do w/the stevia Im using. I have been using Walmart brand Stevia and I think its got an after taste that I cant get past. Last nite I made keto pumpkin bread and it had an awful after taste. Tonite Ima do it again and use spenda. Any thoughts on Stevia? Thx

Replies

• gwenmf
    gwenmf Posts: 888 Member
    I know some of the sweeteners do have an after taste. I use Stevia there are several out there. I've heard of one recently that was supposed to be better. I'll try to find the name and post it. The cheesecake bars and sour cream donuts are great. Fyi. Lol
  • Juliegray1963
    Juliegray1963 Posts: 96 Member
    Ok. Thk u so much! Will check out recipes.
  • gwenmf
    gwenmf Posts: 888 Member
    There are so many sweeteners out there. Most definitely have an after taste. I've read that Xylitol and Erythritol do not. I bought Erythritol from Amazon.
  • Juliegray1963
    Juliegray1963 Posts: 96 Member
    Will order from Amazon! Thx so much!
  • nscal
    nscal Posts: 72 Member
    I've tried all kinds of sweeteners and just don't like them and keep going back to Splenda. I've wasted so much money of others and decided to stop trying and just stick with the one I like. lol. I def can't do Stevia....it's after taste is awful!