After weight loss tone up

Options
MarySober
MarySober Posts: 1 Member
At my heaviest I was 230 (2014) , I started my official weight loss journey in Feb. 2016 @ 194 and I am currently 144. I have been yo-yoing between 138-150 for a couple months. I now strive to maintain a healthy lifestyle. I am having difficulty in consistency , and knowing how to tone up. I don't feel like I understand a effective way to do this. Is anyone else in similar circumstances? If so anyone willing to be MFP friends and share tips and motivators? Thanks :smiley: )

Replies

• debbiesteinman
    debbiesteinman Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Hi I have been in a plateau for a most a year. I lost 30 pounds and need to lose another 20 to be at my previous weight. I gained the weight when I successfully quit smoking three years ago. I joined a gym and hired a trainer and found his expertise awesome. Dieting only gets the fat off but you lose muscle and tone if you do not do strength training. I did weight training with him three times a week for a year so that I get strong and fit. I also did cardio on the other four days. I am strong now but my problem is my appetite and staying consistent daily. I am older now and weight loss seems so much harder now. You can add me as a friend and we can make a day where we both post our weight for that week so we are accountable to each other. I am presently 143 pounds and my ideal weight should be 120-125 pounds. Let's try eating more protein, less sugar and those portion sizes for more accurate recording of our intake.