Did it to myself again

Options
BT_rescuemom
BT_rescuemom Posts: 284 Member
I did a long walk today, 9 miles in 2 hours 45min, as my last long walk preparing for a half marathon walk on Saturday. Kind of went about my day after the walk, got home and sat around for a little bit. Ate some leftover porkchop, but even before I started eating it I knew I was in trouble. Nausea was starting to set in. I finally started feeling better after eating some pistachios and drinking some electrolyte water. I really really need to be proactive about keeping my electrolytes reported before I start feeling sick after endurance activity!

My plan for Saturday:
-electrolyte water in my handheld bottle. I really can't do straight water if I want to feel good later in the day.
-salted nuts to munch on as needed, maybe some jerky.
-salted bone broth throughout this week along with loads of water.

As good and energetic as I do feel so far, this is a good reminder that I probably still have a ways to go and things to learn about my limits and needs.

Replies

• baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 6,966 Member
    Options
    ELECTROLYTES, WOMAN! ARRRRRRRRGH! :wink:
  • 40DayFit
    40DayFit Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Good that you knew enough to take action once the symptoms set it--but it also sounds like you ALREADY knew all of this! :wink:

I use LoSalt (potassium chloride salt substitute) interchangeably w/sea & Himalayan salt. I use it liberally in my already-salted broth. I'm similar to you, I'm 11 days in. I've largely avoided the carb withdrawal symptoms, though this weekend I did want--and take--more rest than I'd needed the previous week.

Keep at it, even when you're non-symptomatic. We're with you.

P.S. Ditto @baconslave, basically!
  • BT_rescuemom
    BT_rescuemom Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    baconslave wrote: »
    ELECTROLYTES, WOMAN! ARRRRRRRRGH! :wink:

I know! What the hell was I thinking. I need to be pro-active, not reactive.

I drank a shot of pickle juice this morning. Need to figure out a portable pickle juice solution lol.