Biometric screen!

Options
BT_rescuemom
BT_rescuemom Posts: 284 Member
I am happy to report that all my number were good for my screening I had at work for insurance. This is all after 13 hours of fasting.

Glucose: 88
Total Chol: 190
HDL: 50
Trigs: 97
LDL: 121
BP: 110/72

I would like to get an LDL-p and an A1C done through my doctor. I really wish I had numbers from 6 months ago. I do have an A1C from about 1.5 years ago, it was 5.8.

One thing I would like to do is try to get my HDL up a bit, so maybe ramping up the Omega 3's is in my near future.

Replies

• cstehansen
    cstehansen Posts: 1,984 Member
    Options
    Looking good. Given you are LC, you shouldn't be having significant spikes in BG after meals, so if that FBG is typical, your A1c should be improved from the 5.8 that it was. The 5.8 is just inside what is considered pre-diabetic by the establishment, but given they don't think diabetic is until 6.5 (and some still wait until 7) even though the research seems to show 6 and above causes harm, personally, I am trying to get mine down as close to 5 as possible.
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    Nice! :)
  • BT_rescuemom
    BT_rescuemom Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    cstehansen wrote: »
    Looking good. Given you are LC, you shouldn't be having significant spikes in BG after meals, so if that FBG is typical, your A1c should be improved from the 5.8 that it was. The 5.8 is just inside what is considered pre-diabetic by the establishment, but given they don't think diabetic is until 6.5 (and some still wait until 7) even though the research seems to show 6 and above causes harm, personally, I am trying to get mine down as close to 5 as possible.

Agree. I would like to get mine to 5 as well. I for sure can tell that my sugars are level, I have not had a single reactive hypoglycemic episode this whole time. Not once. Fixing this whole blood sugar and insulin resistance thing is my number one goal.

• Sunny_Bunny_
    Sunny_Bunny_ Posts: 7,140 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    There's an app you can use that will estimate your A1c as long as you test bg at least 4 times a day (I think). Could be less than that.
    I think it's called MySugr
    I'll double check

Ok
    https://mysugr.com/hba1c-whats-behind-this-important-test/

Scroll down to the section discussing How To Estimate HbA1c. The rest of this is really directed at Type 1 diabetics. As you can see by the A1c goal of less than 7%. Ignore all that. Even the parts talking about how this isn't a very accurate estimate because of "wild" blood sugar swings. You don't take injected insulin and are unlikely to be experiencing the wild swings they mean. I think this estimation would be amazingly accurate for a non diabetic person and even a T2D on keto since the swings, even if they are still happening to any degree, aren't likely to be wild enough to throw this estimate off by too much. Especially if tests include the highest of the day, usually morning.