Hello!!!

Options
terri2868
terri2868 Posts: 3 Member
Is anyone else on here as excited as I am to join this Holiday Challenge??? I need support to keep the weight off this holiday season!!!

Replies

• ilovetoeatsweets
    ilovetoeatsweets Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Hello. I am very excited to be doing this challenge. I am really looking forward to having others doing it too who understand "THE STRUGGLE IS REAL"...I am very motivated and eager to get this going...
  • Epach01
    Epach01 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Yesterday at work we had a Halloween party. I brought sugar free (and sugar) lemon lime soda. I had jar of blue "Transylvania bat blood". Added 1 syringe of blue bat blood to the cup of citrus soda - voila! the drink turns pink!
    This was fun and calorie free. I posted a spooky recipe instructions on how to pour the witch's brew. There was a skull and crossbones on the jar of 'blue bat blood'. The blue liquid is simply the liquid of red cabbage with 1 tsp baking soda. recipe can be found on internet, search for low carb witch's brew. I plan to 'amp up' the fun with each holiday this year. No longer am I going to be sad sack b/c I can't eat that stuff!
  • BeyondApril
    BeyondApril Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I am hoping to stay exactly the same throughout the holiday. I am usually pretty good and able to not go overboard on treats, but put a pie in front of me and it's all over!!
  • bonniepl
    bonniepl Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Most years I seem to start diets in November, hoping to lose some until the holidays and then not gain during. Some years go better than others.
  • rsaulsbury40
    rsaulsbury40 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I am just finishing up the ESMMWL and excited to continue with the Holiday Edition.
  • marilatz
    marilatz Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am hoping the Holiday Challenge will help me get back on track with my eating, food and activity logging, and general focus on losing weight. I have great difficulty losing weight so I don't have a weight loss goal. Instead, I'd like to log 5 days/week. That is my initial goal.
    I look forward to the community to help along the way.
  • dsansoucie
    dsansoucie Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Yes I need to stay focused and loose weight. I once weighed 270 and got down to 176 without meds or surgery now I'm 189 and not happy. Need loads of support
  • terri2868
    terri2868 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    One week and counting!!!
  • jcarlson15
    jcarlson15 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am beginning a journey that is going to extend past January. I want to begin the journey of a Healthy Life!! 24/7-365 days a year! I have a wedding I am standing up in next August and I am hoping to lose 30 pounds. I can do it!! :)
  • witt5
    witt5 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    It's great to be a part of a group with the same goals as I have!
  • Gammagirl5
    Gammagirl5 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I am 6 months into my weight loss journey with a 25 loss so I would like to continue to lose but staying the same will be okay with me! We can do this! o:)
  • newgam03
    newgam03 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Thanks to all for being here and SO POSITIVE. Together we can do this! Thanks, in advance, for such great support.
  • Diana_JG
    Diana_JG Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi, my name is Diana, and I am a Chocoholic. For me, it's the sweets that are slowly killing me, especially anything chocolate. I need my own support group for chocolate.... wonder what the snacks would be there? (lol) So here's to on-line support!! YEAAAAYYY!!! Let's DO This!
  • madifehling
    madifehling Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    terri2868 wrote: »
    Is anyone else on here as excited as I am to join this Holiday Challenge??? I need support to keep the weight off this holiday season!!!

WOOOOO!! Way to go Terri! We are just as excited as you-- and look at this team of supportive people who have already chimed in. Keep up the great work and thanks for starting this thread!
  • madifehling
    Options
    Hello. I am very excited to be doing this challenge. I am really looking forward to having others doing it too who understand "THE STRUGGLE IS REAL"...I am very motivated and eager to get this going...

LOVE this! Yes-- we are all right there with you and know all to well that the struggle is REAL and it is approaching quickly as Thanksgiving comes around the corner. We got this!
  • madifehling
    Options
    Epach01 wrote: »
    Yesterday at work we had a Halloween party. I brought sugar free (and sugar) lemon lime soda. I had jar of blue "Transylvania bat blood". Added 1 syringe of blue bat blood to the cup of citrus soda - voila! the drink turns pink!
    This was fun and calorie free. I posted a spooky recipe instructions on how to pour the witch's brew. There was a skull and crossbones on the jar of 'blue bat blood'. The blue liquid is simply the liquid of red cabbage with 1 tsp baking soda. recipe can be found on internet, search for low carb witch's brew. I plan to 'amp up' the fun with each holiday this year. No longer am I going to be sad sack b/c I can't eat that stuff!

Way to go Epach01! What a fantastic idea, thank you for sharing. There will be no sad sacks in this group for this year since we are all here together--and ready to take on whatever the holidays... and the holiday parties.. will bring! :smiley:
  • madifehling
    Options
    jcarlson15 wrote: »
    I am beginning a journey that is going to extend past January. I want to begin the journey of a Healthy Life!! 24/7-365 days a year! I have a wedding I am standing up in next August and I am hoping to lose 30 pounds. I can do it!! :)

YES you can Jcarleson15! YOU got this and we are here supporting you along the way-- throughout the year! :smiley:
  • madifehling
    Options
    Diana_JG wrote: »
    Hi, my name is Diana, and I am a Chocoholic. For me, it's the sweets that are slowly killing me, especially anything chocolate. I need my own support group for chocolate.... wonder what the snacks would be there? (lol) So here's to on-line support!! YEAAAAYYY!!! Let's DO This!

Diana-- I am RIGHT there with you, don't even get me started on chocolate! It's so hard to resist. So let myself have one piece of a super dark chocolate after dinner and that usually satisfies the craving for me. If I find I am going back for more, it usually means I am not full enough and I need to have a more substantial snack (peanut butter and banana is my go-to). I hope this helps. Keep chiming in, and other chocoholics out there too! :smiley: