Carb tolerance

Options
Tanukiko
Tanukiko Posts: 186 Member
Im just curious what everyone's daily carb limit is and what carb amount will kick you out of ketosis (or increase your hunger significantly)?

Normally I keep mine under 20g. Yesterday I had a margarita and some tortilla chips so went up to about 100 grams. In the past going above my carb limit like that would have put me on a binging death spiral but this time around I am right back on plan today. It helps that I seem to get right back into ketosis after an overnight fast and skipping breakfast. That encourages me to get right back on plan without further sabotage.

How about you? Are you able to tolerate a higher than normal carb day and get back on plan or do you prefer to be more strict?

Replies

• anglyn1
    anglyn1 Posts: 1,803 Member
    Options
    After so long in ketosis I have no trouble getting back. Once you become fat adapted it's easier. I think it's mainly in the early stages of keto that it's harder to go back and forth. Of course even now I rarely go over on carbs. I'm not sure what would happen if I had higher carb days frequently. As it is there are months in between.
  • Sarahb29
    Sarahb29 Posts: 952 Member
    Options
    I keep mine below 30 and am usually in the "trace" range on ketostix.