FatHead Dough: How Well/Long Does it Keep When Left Over?

Options
bowlerae
bowlerae Posts: 555 Member
edited November 2016 in Social Groups
I am interested in making fathead pizza and fathead crackers. If I make a large batch, how well would the leftovers hold and how long would they last? I'm talking about a cooked batch of pizza WITH the toppings, not the uncooked dough base. Same for fathead crackers, should I store extras in the fridge or the cabinet? I'm asking because I made pork rind tortillas once that I cut up in triangles and fried into tortilla chips and the next day they became very soft and rubbery. I know I could scale down the serving size to fit a one-time meal but I like to meal prep and have food for at least 4-5 days. I suppose I could freeze the left over pizza but not sure if that would microwave well.

Replies

• KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    I've eaten leftovers for a week or so, and I kept them in the fridge. Crackers, I don't know about. They'll get a bit soft, but you can warm them back up in a frying pan or in the oven, or just roll them up and eat them cold like cold pizza... Mine tasted better that way, actually.

You could freeze the cooked dough but without toppings easier, I would think, then actually cook it eat time. Maria Emmerich recommended investing in a toaster oven, as it keeps the house from getting too warm for things exactly like this.