A1C Results

Options
DiRBou
DiRBou Posts: 3 Member
I just got the results back from my latest A1C. April 2nd it was 7.1 now it is 5.7. Also lost 22 lbs. Hoping to get A1C below 5.0 by October.

Replies

• momjmd
    momjmd Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    Awesome!!!! I get mine done next month and cannot wait to see how it changed.
  • retiree2006
    retiree2006 Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    Wow...2 good things! Nice loss of pounds and A1c. Very impressive so keep up everything you're doing.
  • wcucats77
    wcucats77 Posts: 180
    Options
    Congratulations... Way to go.

WCUCATS77
  • bdubya55
    bdubya55 Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    Fantastic improvements, your hard work clearly shows it's paying off. :drinker:
  • dontwishforit_workforit
    Options
    I just got mine for the first time and hit 9.1 :|
  • jessiekanga
    jessiekanga Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    Nice work and impressive results. Rock on.

Girlwitha... Hang in there and keep plugging! This is a tough fight, just remember it's for you and keep at it! Good luck.
  • Gearjammer71
    Gearjammer71 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Nice work! You're right where I want to be.

I was just told that if I can get into the 5's by November I can try coming off the Metformin.

12.87 in May, 6.12 yesterday, and I am going to strive for 5 in November.
  • djshari
    djshari Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    Nice work!!!! I am getting mine done next week and I'm worried it will be higher than last time.
  • mclgo
    mclgo Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Excellent work! You should be very proud of yourself.
  • fishbarn
    fishbarn Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    That is great new. Sound like a plan to me.
  • alsoagood1
    alsoagood1 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    wonderful results!!
  • crystalwise
    crystalwise Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    My most recent A1C was 10.4! I'm working to get it down in the next 3 months! Hoping to see some great results since I got put back on my regular insulin. I take Lantus 2X per day and Novolog when I need it. I also take the max dose of Metformin, so I'm truly hoping changing my diet helps as well.
  • robert65ferguson
    robert65ferguson Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    That's great news, well done. Success stories are always an encouragement to all of us still on the journey.
  • DiRBou
    DiRBou Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone. I am not on any medication or insulin. I was told in April if I couldn't bring it down with diet and exercise I would have to go on medication. Good luck to all of you!
  • cheryl3660
    cheryl3660 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    That's awesome! I brought mine down from 7.4 to 6.1, but hoping to hit that 5.7 mark next time I get my labwork done.
  • dontwishforit_workforit
    Options
    Nice work and impressive results. Rock on.

Girlwitha... Hang in there and keep plugging! This is a tough fight, just remember it's for you and keep at it! Good luck.

Thank you! I could not handle the regular metformin, it made me sick, so I stopped taking it. Got a new [much nicer, and way more helpful] primary doctor, and met with a diabetes educator today. On Metformin ER [Extended Release] 500mg/daily and it has made the world of a difference in regards to my body having zero side effect to it.

I have noticed with exercise and better food choices my readings, while still high, range from 130-220 vs the 220-441 I have hit before.
  • RaineyLaney
    RaineyLaney Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    Gratz on your A1C... I find out my results on Aug. 9th Way way back I actually had one that came back at 15 (ouch), That was when I was still in denial. It went from 6.9 to 15. I don't remember what my last one was, but it was I think 6.7??? I will ask my doctor on the 9th to make sure. I am hoping this one is in the lower 5's.
  • earlnabby
    earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member
    Options
    Bumpity, bump, bump

My doctor ordered some lab work ahead of my next appointment next week and one was an A1C. My number is down to 5.6!!!! My initial diagnosis was with a 7.2 at the first of the year so I am thrilled!
  • scubasuenc
    scubasuenc Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    Awesome improvement!!!!
  • earlnabby
    earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member
    Options
    Awesome improvement!!!!

Thanks! I even got this note on the top of the test results from my doctor "awesome A1C result, good job!"

I love:
    1) MyChart so I get test results at the same time that the doctor does
    2) My primary care. She is a Nurse Practitioner who makes me feel like she sees me as a person. (She also has a PhD in nursing so I can call her Doctor V even though she is not an MD)