Why Do You Want to Drop the Weight?

Options
2»

Replies

• FernRunner
    FernRunner Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    To get back to the point where buying clothes is fun, and I don't feel like I'm trying to mask anything.
    To feel more confident in the bedroom. *cough*
    To be able to run long distances again. I KNOW this extra weight is holding me back.
    To reach maintenance and really learn how to eat within that calorie range this time. I've never done that before.
    To feel light and free in the summertime. I'm a pretty modest person, but I love wearing less and lighter clothes in the summer, and that feels way better when I'm in shape.
  • Collieluv
    Collieluv Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    To be more healthy. I thought I was fat at 132 and I am way over that now. Really need to get to at least 150.
  • sadinplaid
    sadinplaid Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I have a tummy tuck scheduled for Feb. 2nd. After losing over 40 pounds this year, I'm so close to my goal! I want to lose 15 pounds by Jan. 1st, so I can finally transition into maintenance after 9 years of yo-yoing up and down.
  • cocoastral
    cocoastral Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    i want to lose the weight mostly just to feel a bit more comfortable about myself, to feel better for when i move in with my partner next year, to spend less money on food... also just to have a little more control over my impulses....
  • kaylangrandorff
    kaylangrandorff Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I want to drop the weight to avoid any possible health risks. I don't know my biological family's medical history, so I don't want to take any risks.
  • kethra
    kethra Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Why I want to drop the weight (not "lose" as I never plan to find it again!):

To feel less like a stranger in my own body
    To gain confidence and a more positive body image
    To be around longer for my daughter
    To decrease dosage or completely erase my need for BP meds
    To kick this back pain from heavy breasts
    To help combat my depression and anxiety - to see what part of it comes from my weight issues - will address it with a doctor for medication if I still need after reaching my "goals"
  • kuksabs
    kuksabs Posts: 55 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    After reaching my desired goal weight, I started to gain weight again. Clothes feel tighter, so want to get back to where I was.
  • allyrunner
    allyrunner Posts: 1 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    I want to lose weight so I can run faster and easier, so I can wear clothes without feeling awful, and to make my partner feel attracted to me again. We are doing a 6 night hike starting on boxing day and I don't want to go there feeling as yuck as I do now.
  • sarahmchugh07
    sarahmchugh07 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I want to drop the weight to feel energy, to not be in pain, to love looking at myself in the mirror, and to feel proud of myself.
  • bluelilac102
    bluelilac102 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    1. To once and for all get a grip on my binge eating disorder.
    2. Feel sexy in a bikini (I am young, I want to feel good in that realm).
    3. Be healthy and a good role model for myself. I haven't felt that way in awhile.
  • whoopsadaisy
    whoopsadaisy Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I feel bad because I forgot about this challenge. But I love this question. The answer is different for everyone.
    I weighed myself this morning and had gained yet another 2 pounds. That puts me at my highest weight ever. That include 3 pregnancies.
    So why do I want to lose it? Well, when I want to take care of myself. I want to be as healthy as I can. I tell myself that looking better is just a wonderful side effect of better health. And that is true. But I also really want to look better.
    But back to the health issue. I think our health care system in the U.S. is messed up. The cost of care keeps going up. Insurance is a nightmare. And I don't think it's going to get better. I think what insurance covers will become less and less and to me, the best way to avoid being told that I can't have or don't really need a knee or hip replacement, is to never need one. And the best way for me to avoid this, and many other health issues, is to take care of myself and that inclues not being obese. I cannot use the term 'overweight'. I am obese. My goal is to be overweight. lol
    So, I want to lose the weight to avoid the inevitable health issues that come with being obese. I also want to put together a cute outfit and not have it ruined because of my jelly belly. I want to increase my energy, sleep better etc.
    There are other reasons, probably too personal or intimate for a forum like this.
    So today I joined weight watchers. I had joined it about a year ago and followed it for about a month. I did lose weight, but I thought it was too restrictive. And it is, but in a good way. In a way that I need to follow. I know it's going to be tough. I know I am going to slip up. But I'm going to stick with it. Because I clearly cannot do this all on my own.
    And I know I can't prevent every illness and disease, but it's important to me to try to be healthy. And still enjoy food, and live my life.
    So, I"m sorry I forgot about this challenge. And I'm sorry for my long winded answer. I have been thinking about this all day, so I had more to say than I normally would.