On low calorie for medical reasons

Options
Magic18
Magic18 Posts: 71 Member
Hello,

Looking for others who are on a low calorie diet like me. Right now I am on one for medical reasons. I have something called a mast cell disorder so every time I eat a substantial meal I go into anaphylactic shock. To prevent this I typically eat one small "main" meal a day and pretreat with benydrl, and hope it works. I can take clear liquids ok as long as I don't go too fast and I have what I call the 5 bite rule where every few hours I can take 5 bites of something not too heavy. Once I get a heavy feeling in my stomach which doesn't take long, that is when I have problems. Unfortunately the weight is coming of very very slow because despite eating around 700 calories a day, my wonderful steroids counteract it and it makes me so angry because I gained so much weight this year going from 115 to 185 from high doses of steroids and being bed bound and it just won't come off. My doctors are aware of how many calories I eat and I take supplements to make sure I remain healthy but I thought if I would be stuck not eating I could at least be lucky and not eat. However the steroids are being lowered and I'm slowly adding more and more mild exercise so fingers crossed this will work for me and something good will come out of my health problem.

So that's my story and how I ended up in a low calorie group. Hope to make friends who don't judge me when my calories are low, especially days that are bad, because I do have good days like today I ate 1100, which actually made me mad haha