OT - Runners can appreciate this thread

Options
Philtex
Philtex Posts: 954 Member
Didn't want to hijack the Goadies on the Run thread, but there is a great discussion on the Fitness board where runners are sharing stories of when they have fallen. If you run, you will fall.

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/558093/anyone-ever-fall-while-running/p1

Replies

• gadgetgirlIL
    gadgetgirlIL Posts: 1,381 Member
    Options
    And if you run on trails (single track with rocks & roots, not those crushed limestone paths), you most certainly will kiss the trail at some point as a rite of initiation.
  • lilybbbbb
    lilybbbbb Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    And if you bike on the trails, you may possibly frequently look like a victim of abuse...
  • Calvin2008Brian
    Calvin2008Brian Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    Awesome. I've fallen more times than I care to remember. The one that still stings is when I tripped over a frozen hat (true story) that was stuck to the path on one of the Minneapolis bike trails. Crazy.
  • gadgetgirlIL
    gadgetgirlIL Posts: 1,381 Member
    Options
    lilybbbbb wrote: »
    And if you bike on the trails, you may possibly frequently look like a victim of abuse...

OMG that describes how I looked when I did something really stupid on my bike back in May.
  • podkey
    podkey Posts: 5,101 Member
    Options
    LOL. When running my first marathon in San Jose I tripped and went flying over an imaginary object which I never could find.

My first cross country fun race I flew off a switchback (slightly wet and slippery but terrible X.C. shoes) trying to catch up in the curvy part. Lots of us have done that.

Yeah I had a new nose job amongst other things a year ago August. They ended up scrubbing the beejeeesus outta my nose skin with granular salt or something like that OOOOOOOOOuch!! They said it would help get rid of all the teensy gravel particles etc. The nose skin looked wonderful weeks later.
  • leeless511
    leeless511 Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    Yes, I've been there...tripped on an elevation in the sidewalk on a short neighborhood run...fractured my wrist and elbow...fun times.
  • leeless511
    leeless511 Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    Had I just fallen versus trying to out run it, I would have done better...rookie mistake.