A leg is off the wagon

Options
Kimo159
Kimo159 Posts: 508 Member
I haven't fallen off yet...but I think my leg is dangling over the side. This weekend I was out of town. I'm not one to be "annoying" when visiting friends and family so I don't ask them to cater to my WOE. I usually pack snacks and do my thing. I ended up eating 90% keto with 10% not keto friendly things. Well that little bit took away some of my will power for avoiding carbage. So I ended up eating some candy on halloween and last night. Ugh!! Couple that with the fact that I'm still sick (and therefore not able to go to the gym) I'm out of sorts to say the least. Today I've been good so far, dinner is leftovers so I'll eat as soon as I get home (low carb elk stew and mashed cauliflower). I'm not looking for sympathy, I messed up, I own that, I also recognize that I could have done a lot worse. So, here's to getting back on the wagon, completely. :)

Replies

• cstehansen
    cstehansen Posts: 1,984 Member
    Options
    We have all gone over at some time. For me, the bloated gassy mess that too many carbs does to me is enough to get me back on track pretty quickly. Hang in there.
  • tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    Options
    you can have a seat right next to me, there's plenty of space up here!!!
  • macchiatto
    macchiatto Posts: 2,890 Member
    Options
    I understand! Good for you for recognizing and posting here for accountability; I find that always helps!
  • SuperCarLori
    SuperCarLori Posts: 1,248 Member
    Options
    Like they said!!
    You are not alone, high five on the accountability!
  • slimzandra
    slimzandra Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    I fell off to the tune of 18 pounds. That's probably about a thigh! I'm back on it, jump back in, here let me pull you up, grab on.. Let's do this.
  • Kimo159
    edited November 2016
    Options
    Thanks guys. I love all the support here...where we can be honest about screw ups and not get in crap for it. <3 Yesterday was a good day, by the way! And I took all of the halloween candy out of the house today...I'm sure the people in the office will take care of it for me.
  • kimmydear
    kimmydear Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    That happened to me too. It's okay...it's going to happen. Back on the wagon!
  • RowdysLady
    RowdysLady Posts: 1,370 Member
    Options
    Yep! I've fallen off and been run over by the back wheels of the wagon. I'm still struggling internally every day to hop back up and take my seat but I'm almost there. So happy to hear yesterday was improved.
  • Elise4270
    Elise4270 Posts: 8,375 Member
    Options
    Same here. I stress ate cookies last night.
    We'll hook arms and hang on!

The holiday season always gets me.

I made a list of go to foods when I haven't a plan. So far I just look at it and say "oh ya, I was gonna..."

Good luck today all!
  • tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    Options
    I've been dieting hard for 6 months, so I'm eating at maintenance for the next 2 weeks, and then depending on how I feel I will go back to dieting or extend maintenance time. This I'm hoping will be a good strategy for getting me through the holidays without overindulging, and quite frankly, I'll be happy if I don't GAIN over the holidays, any kind of loss is just a bonus.

So, if you are having a hard time staying on the wagon, maybe the wagon seat could use some adjusting...maybe maintenance calories, or low-carb instead of keto, or a keto 3:1 instead of 4:1 would make the holiday season more pleasant and still keep you on the road to success.

I'm a firm believer that it isn't about willpower, it's about finding the easiest road that gets you where you want to go.
  • cstehansen
    cstehansen Posts: 1,984 Member
    Options
    [quote="tcunbeliever;38078402"]I've been dieting hard for 6 months, so I'm eating at maintenance for the next 2 weeks, and then depending on how I feel I will go back to dieting or extend maintenance time. This I'm hoping will be a good strategy for getting me through the holidays without overindulging, and quite frankly, I'll be happy if I don't GAIN over the holidays, any kind of loss is just a bonus.

So, if you are having a hard time staying on the wagon, maybe the wagon seat could use some adjusting...maybe maintenance calories, or low-carb instead of keto, or a keto 3:1 instead of 4:1 would make the holiday season more pleasant and still keep you on the road to success.

I'm a firm believer that it isn't about willpower, it's about finding the easiest road that gets you where you want to go.[/quote]

I am of the believe this is a good strategy for success. That is every couple of months just switch to maintenance for a couple of weeks to allow your body to get used to that weight as a new norm before going lower. It seems just from my personal experience and those I have known personally, this has resulted in better long term success than just going hardcore weight loss all the way down to goal.
  • Gallowmere1984
    Gallowmere1984 Posts: 6,626 Member
    Options
    Diet breaks are a good idea period, especially if your deficit is extremely strong. I have all of the will in the world, and have no issues with even RFL, but when I start feeling like total *kitten* and my gym performance completely tanks, that's my body's way of telling me that it's time to shift to maintenance for a couple of weeks.
  • Kimo159
    Options
    @tcunbeliever I agree with diet breaks as well. I think it's good to get practice at maintenance throughout the process. And what with the holidays on the way...seems like a great time for many people to practice.

@Gallowmere1984 performance is probably a great indicator for realizing maintenance is needed for a bit.

I actually was planning a maintenance phase myself. Likely the month of January or February. I don't want to be tempted by holiday stuff and I'd rather put my maintenance into a month where I'll be snowboarding a lot.