Nothing has been sounding good?

Options
I used to be super into this entire way of eating, its getting hard, and cheese the thing I used to love just doesnt sound good anymore? Maybe i need to change it up? Im not sure but its hard to stay on track, although nothing else off track sounds great either. Basically eating because I have to now lol

Replies

• mrssto78
    mrssto78 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    What do you typically eat in a day or week? Low carb doesn't have to mean low flavor. You can do lots of things...a special treat for me is pork rind chicken strips. Parmesan Talapia is another fav. It is easy to make and delicious...paired with cauliflower mash it's a perfect meal.
  • LINIA
    LINIA Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    If you want to open your food diary, you'll likely get some helpful ideas.
    As it is now, I could recommend things you're already eating.
    What I like best about the LcHf woe is how easy it is. For me it is great that I don't need to do a lot to follow this lifestyle and I can spend my free time doing things that I enjoy.
    So anyhow, what are you eating that you're not excited about - also what spices and seasonings do you use?
  • SuperCarLori
    SuperCarLori Posts: 1,248 Member
    Options
    I just went through this with meat!!
    I'm not alone!!
    I just ate other things until I was hungry for meat again. I think I should start trying out new recipes, because cheese crisps saved my *kitten*!
  • baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 6,958 Member
    Options
    I just went through this with meat!!
    I'm not alone!!
    I just ate other things until I was hungry for meat again. I think I should start trying out new recipes, because cheese crisps saved my *kitten*!

cea092750c958478ecac42c78a155fa6.jpg
    :tongue:

I went through this as well. I looked at it this way: I'm practicing divorcing myself from food issues. Food is fuel. It isn't a friend, entertainment, or a pass-time. I was straight up nauseated eating anything LCHF for a short period. But food had no hold on me anymore. That's liberating. Not a bad thing. After a bit, I went recipe hunting and shook it up. I was back to normal pretty quickly.

This is a normal phase for many people. I'm not convinced it isn't partially hormonal. We've turned everything on its head, and it takes time for the body to adjust them completely. Stick through it, shake things up (variety), and KCKO.
  • Gallowmere1984
    Gallowmere1984 Posts: 6,626 Member
    Options
    I almost wish that I could experience this kind of thing once, just so I coupd relate. I am practically a borg when it comes to eating though.

For example, I've eaten nearly the exact same thing, nearly everyday, at the same time of day, for the last three weeks now. And before that, it was pretty much the exact same of something else for about two months.
  • anglyn1
    anglyn1 Posts: 1,802 Member
    Options
    I go through these spells myself. I think @baconslave could be onto something about them being hormonal. I just eat less, skip a meal if I'm not hungry, and try a new recipe or two. It passes in a day or two.
  • baconslave
    Options
    anglyn1 wrote: »
    I go through these spells myself. I think @baconslave could be onto something about them being hormonal. I just eat less, skip a meal if I'm not hungry, and try a new recipe or two. It passes in a day or two.

I think it is. We're finally starting to balance them. The leptin and ghrelin, too, that has been topsy-turvy. It's just a temporary limbo land to give the dust time to settle. The body is a homeostasis machine. It wants balance. And we are changing it's status quo to something else. And that takes time. Everything is interconnected in the body. Sometimes a few days or a week or two, maybe even a month or more is required to suss everything out. It depends on the degree to which we've skewed the "normal" in our bodies.

That's just my theory.

• RowdysLady
    RowdysLady Posts: 1,370 Member
    Options
    Anna has started feeling that way but for her I think it's because she still wants junk for the sake of eating junk. - Cookies, candy, etc. I try to find stuff that she would like or that fills a void for her - like making something deep fried. That seems to help her. Right now she's struggling with breakfast because she can't seem to stomach eggs right now and doesn't want coffee, and doesn't like bacon for some reason. So she's eating deli meat for breakfast or left over dinners.

For me when she says she doesn't want something like cheese, or pepperoni or eggs I can't fathom why because I enjoy them so much. Yet she's really struggling. I just keep trying different things to help.
  • baconslave
    Options
    RowdysLady wrote: »
    Anna has started feeling that way but for her I think it's because she still wants junk for the sake of eating junk. - Cookies, candy, etc. I try to find stuff that she would like or that fills a void for her - like making something deep fried. That seems to help her. Right now she's struggling with breakfast because she can't seem to stomach eggs right now and doesn't want coffee, and doesn't like bacon for some reason. So she's eating deli meat for breakfast or left over dinners.

For me when she says she doesn't want something like cheese, or pepperoni or eggs I can't fathom why because I enjoy them so much. Yet she's really struggling. I just keep trying different things to help.

I agree there is a mental component sometimes as well. Our disordered thoughts are still there and want to be heard. Nobody wants to admit they do this. Well, I'll admit, I did this a time or 2. It happens.

My youngest son is a contrarian to the highest degree. He will disagree, just for the sake of feeling the urge to disagree. If there is nothing conceivable to disagree about, he will concoct something! Our minds sometimes do this. The disordered and dysfunctional relationship we have with food is still there. It wants to be heard. Sometimes "nothing sounds good" is really "I'm bored with my toy (food)" or "I miss my friend (food)" or "It isn't FAIR I can't eat this or that (because everyone else can), and I want to rebel." And since we've given too much importance to food, to the point that we allow it to control us, rather than the other way around, we listen to those voices. Well, in order to succeed long-term, we need to recognize we're doing this to ourselves and reorder those thought pathways.

I'm not saying that this is the case with OP. But sometimes it's biological. And sometimes, it's a little psychological, too.
  • cstehansen
    cstehansen Posts: 1,984 Member
    Options
    In addition to all the recipe sites on the launchpad, googling to see videos of those (and other recipes) to see how they are made is helpful. And of course this other thread showing what others in this group are eating is great for giving ideas on how to change things up.

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10274397/what-does-your-low-carb-meals-look-like#latest
  • anglyn1
    anglyn1 Posts: 1,802 Member
    Options
    @RowdysLady My husband is like that. He's such a junk food addict. He's been struggling on the whole low carb thing and he's been off the wagon for the past couple of weeks. I wish he'd push pass the whole nothing I can eat sounds good because it will pass. Instead he caves, eats junk, and just creates endless loops for himself.
  • 1thankful_momma
    1thankful_momma Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    Funny thing is, I had this issue prior to eating LCHF. I was so 'tired' of eating the same foods. For me, I figured the dissatisfaction concerning my food was/is a side effect of my dissatisfaction with work/house issues/life. Work/house/life issues are not easy to change, but doing something different with food is, so, I could complain about it and do 'something different' for dinner.
    I am trying to remove food as the easy emotional handicap for my life, good, bad or bored. I am trying really hard to make food a fuel and not anything else. WIP