Please help me do this right!!!

Options
BusyB223
BusyB223 Posts: 248 Member
I really am not eating as much as I am supposed to but I feel like maybe I am not totally understanding the process.

My calulators say:
BMR - 1669
TDEE - 2294
Cals based on goal - 2180 (if at a 5% deficit)
Cals based on goal - 1950 (if at a 15% deficit)

Of course the goal is to remove the unwanted visiting pounds.
So where should I start? with 5% or 15%?

Female
10/31 weight - 215 lbs
66 inches
48yo
Activity level varies so I said - light but it can be moderate some days
Goal - start with or to get to 15% deficit

Currently I am working to eat 1936 cals (coming from 1300 which was easy to go over) that's not hard on a high calorie day but 5-6 days of the week, it's a struggle.

Please help.
Thank you for everything!

Replies

• scaryann1
    scaryann1 Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    I'd start with a reset, you will thank yourself later. I've been working my way up to TDEE since August of 2015, I think. I've been in tears more than once trying to eat more. I started out ridiculously low in calories (under 500 a day). I am finally up to around 2000 calories a day during a good week and 2300 a day during a very good week. But because of my severely disordered eating I still struggle with keeping it there for longer than two weeks in a row. It's not easy keeping myself from rushing to do a cut because cutting is all I have ever known until last year.

Yesterday was a really rough day for me. My other half loves food and has no problem eating 4-5000 calories a day. We each had two breakfast sandwiches at Burger King, then he had a 20 piece chicken nugget and a large french fry at McDonald's for lunch and I made him goulash for supper. I ate two left over slices of pizza for lunch and skipped supper because lunch didn't agree with my stomach. I only hit 1200 because of Halloween candy as a snack yesterday. Food just looked and tasted yucky to me. :cry: But when I am able to eat like I should I have so much more energy than I did before. I don't cry when I think about how much energy it's going to take to wash the dishes most of the time now. But I do cry when I think about how much it's going to hurt to wash those dishes. :cry: But, I know that if I can keep the calorie intake up there, I it will help me gain muscle and that will help to keep my joints in place and allow me to do even more!

It's a long difficult road, but you can do it!
  • BusyB223
    Options
    Thank you for that.
  • empressichel
    empressichel Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    I agree with starting with a reset.
    It's hard to get the calories up to start with, but if you just try to increase by 50-100 you can get there!
    Try including full calorie versions of foods rather than the low calories/low fat versions you may have gotten used to while eating low calorie. Including foods like nuts, oils, avocados etc will help get the calories up without making you feel too full.
    http://eatmore2weighless.com/the-metabolism-reset-guide/
    http://eatmore2weighless.com/how-to-deal-with-bloat-during-your-metabolism-reset/
    Ichel
    EM2WL ambassador and moderator
  • BusyB223
    edited November 2016
    Options
    I will review that info...Thank you for that.