First timer... question

Options
2»

Replies

• mommaporter11
    mommaporter11 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I don't know why it didn't post my full response lol
    But yes I need to go back an check my fiber! I've been doing CICO since September an have lost about 25lbs give or take. But I haven't lost anything in over a week so i hope this jump starts the weight loss again!
  • 1thankful_momma
    1thankful_momma Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10103966/start-here-the-lcd-launch-pad#latest
    That is the one for the jumping off point to figure somethings out... which can lead to other questions, but good to start with.
  • mommaporter11
    Options
    Where do you buy flavored stevia!!!!??? I have honestly never herd of that before! See this is why I love being on MFP you learn new stuff everyday.

Fred Mayer has it in the Whole Food/Organic Isles next to the gluten free flour. I found it in the baking isle near the sugars in another store. They all seem to put it in different places. I think all the brands of stevia taste different. I like certain things in hot drinks, and certain things in cold drinks. So be sure to experiment.

I don't think we have a Fred Mayer here! I'm going to check Kroger and if there's none there ill make the drive to Whole Foods they are sure to have it! I'm excited to try it

• dkginger
    dkginger Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    But yes I need to go back an check my fiber! I've been doing CICO since September an have lost about 25lbs give or take. But I haven't lost anything in over a week so i hope this jump starts the weight loss again!

I started 8/8 with CICO, lost 17 pounds by 9/30 and have been stuck at the same weight ever since. So I, like you, decided that going keto would help to jump start the loss again.

I've seen somewhere that there is some formula you can do to make MFP subtract the fiber but pretty sure it is only on the desktop version, not the app. I don't find it that hard to just subtract it myself.

• dkginger
    dkginger Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10103966/start-here-the-lcd-launch-pad#latest
    That is the one for the jumping off point to figure somethings out... which can lead to other questions, but good to start with.

Thanks! I have read pretty much everything in the launch pad.
  • mommaporter11
    Options
    dkginger wrote: »

I started 8/8 with CICO, lost 17 pounds by 9/30 and have been stuck at the same weight ever since. So I, like you, decided that going keto would help to jump start the loss again.

I've seen somewhere that there is some formula you can do to make MFP subtract the fiber but pretty sure it is only on the desktop version, not the app. I don't find it that hard to just subtract it myself.

So we're in the same boat! Keep me posted on how it is going for you!! I'm going to add you!
  • canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    Options
    I just park my fiber count immediately after my carb count then it's easy to see the difference in my macros lineup at the bottom of my diary. I do this strictly with PC though, or through browser on my tablet. I hate the app.
  • kimberwolf71
    kimberwolf71 Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    I count total carbs - I find it much easier and less room for error. I do keep the fibre column handy, but its only to make me feel better if my daily carbs are too high...

I'm LCHF, not keto, but this is the calculator most people recommend if you are doing keto: http://keto-calculator.ankerl.com/

Supplementing is key to making it an easier transition.

The general rule of thumb is carbs are a limit, protein is a goal, fats to satiety. If you haven't already, the launch pad is a great source of info.

Artificial sweeteners are a huge trigger of cravings for some people. It takes some experimentation and you may want to tread slowly.

You don't EVER have to give up coffee :)
  • mommaporter11
    Options
    @kimberwolf71 I have been scrolling through the launch pad there's some very helpful info that I didn't know! And I am a huge coffee drinker I couldn't give it up if I tried lol I have read a couple of post saying the artificial flavors are giving a lot of cravings so I might try the bulletcoffee drinks first before I turn to them!
  • kimberwolf71
    kimberwolf71 Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    @kimberwolf71 I have been scrolling through the launch pad there's some very helpful info that I didn't know! And I am a huge coffee drinker I couldn't give it up if I tried lol I have read a couple of post saying the artificial flavors are giving a lot of cravings so I might try the bulletcoffee drinks first before I turn to them!

I suspected you might be using flavored creamers based on the carb number you mentioned! You may not need BPC... if you are just looking for taste, switching to a heavy cream and a dash of flavored extract (even just vanilla) might be a good start. At least the bottles of extracts are small... I have yet to find a less-than-huge sugar free syrup!

I'm thankful I have ve always preferred my coffee black, but I do enjoy a BPC in the mornings when I'm hungry and not up to solid food!
  • mbonacci12
    mbonacci12 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Whats the difference between LCHF and Keto?