Need some help please. Eating my greens in smoothie form?

Options
I could use some help please. I am trying the high fat low carb diet. I'm not good with eating veggies. I like broccoli, collard greens. My question is can I eat my green veggies like kale and other veggies in smoothie form? I know I'm not supposed to eat alot of fruit so I dont know how this will work. Please help.

Replies

• Tristaan
    Tristaan Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I'm trying to think of what you could mix your smoothies with that would be 0/low carb - because ground up kale and almond milk sounds pretty bad! :) I'm not very creative with smoothies though. If you're asking about juicing them though-I'd think it's a no, just because the fiber is removed and you need to ingest the fiber along with the food to avoid glucose spikes. Don't forget you can use cheeses (in moderation-check the carb count) and full fat butter/cream, broths, etc - which might make some veggies taste better to you.
  • dianak_sea
    dianak_sea Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I sometimes like to eat my kale by adding it to soup just before I'm about to eat it. That way it still has a bit of crunch but is wilted enough to be easier to eat.
  • susiean437
    susiean437 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I freeze kale. I'm doing keto. I throw it in a blender with 2 strawberries. Some cucumber. Heavy cream stevia and cinnamon. Then water and crushed ice. Sometimes a tablespoon of peanut butter I just mix things up everyday. I'm not a fan of veggies so the smoothie works for me.
  • tracypurple
    tracypurple Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    maybe blending it with a flavored protein powder and ice