Another half marathon in the books

Options
Completed my third half marathon today, although this one was walking. My daughter is 10 and did it with me. We had a great time, and finished in 4 hours 15 minutes. I felt great and energized the whole time, and was never hungry. I made some Keto-aid with lite salt and Mio sweetener, and I took along a shot of pickle juice which I drank half way through. I had no muscle cramps, no nausea, nothing bad whatsoever. My daughter did bonk a little at the end, but all was good after we finished and she ended up falling asleep in the car. We finished off the event with a trip to Starbucks and a great little all day breakfast place in town. Hello giant omelette!

It did amaze me that my energy did seem limitless. I could have just kept on going forever it seems, although my legs were a bit sore by the end. But energy...endless. Amazing.

Replies

• RalfLott
    RalfLott Posts: 5,036 Member
    Options
    Completed my third half marathon today, although this one was walking. My daughter is 10 and did it with me. We had a great time, and finished in 4 hours 15 minutes. I felt great and energized the whole time, and was never hungry. I made some Keto-aid with lite salt and Mio sweetener, and I took along a shot of pickle juice which I drank half way through. I had no muscle cramps, no nausea, nothing bad whatsoever. My daughter did bonk a little at the end, but all was good after we finished and she ended up falling asleep in the car. We finished off the event with a trip to Starbucks and a great little all day breakfast place in town. Hello giant omelette!

It did amaze me that my energy did seem limitless. I could have just kept on going forever it seems, although my legs were a bit sore by the end. But energy...endless. Amazing.

Nice going - you're a winner.
  • Cadori
    Cadori Posts: 4,810 Member
    Options
    Awesome!
  • kpk54
    kpk54 Posts: 4,474 Member
    Options
    Groovy!
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    Congrats, @BT_rescuemom - that's an amazing testament to what LC and fat adaption can do for athletes! And I'm in awe of your kiddo being able to do it with you!!! That's awesome. Is she low carb, too?
  • BT_rescuemom
    BT_rescuemom Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    KnitOrMiss wrote: »
    Congrats, @BT_rescuemom - that's an amazing testament to what LC and fat adaption can do for athletes! And I'm in awe of your kiddo being able to do it with you!!! That's awesome. Is she low carb, too?

Thanks. This WOE really does work nicely with endurance sports. It makes me want to start running again!

My daughter is a total carbivore. But I'm working on her slowly but surely, and she is seeing that eating higher fat and protein really does make her feel better. The main points I'm trying to get her to understand are that fat will keep her full longer (she is constantly hungry) and that her athletic performance will likely improve (she is a gymnast and diver). My husband eats Keto as well, so any family meals we have are Keto. I'm sure eventually she will tend towards low carb, at least at our house. She has her drawer of carbage that is slowly getting eaten up.