Cheat Day

Options
GetnSmallz
GetnSmallz Posts: 17 Member
Does anyone here have a "cheat" day? What exactly do you eat? And how much of it? I'm finding it easier just to avoid the "bad" stuff because it only makes me go overboard when I start "cheating". What do you think?

Replies

• zanyzana
    zanyzana Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    I don't have cheat days. I'm on so many calories now that it's easy to include "cheat" items whenever I want. I actually hate the concept of cheat days. Who are you cheating? What rules are you cheating on? Why follow rules that make you feel like you have to cheat to eat what you want?

Instead of having a cheat day, why don't you include the foods you're craving in your diet? They are only food! They're probably high in fat and/or sugar and/or salt, so not the most healthy choices, but they're still just food. Consider them treats, eat them with delight, really allowing yourself to enjoy them, and move on! You're not having an extra-marital affair, just eating some food!
  • empressichel
    empressichel Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    @zanyzana is absolutely spot on!
    She is totally 'getting' the EM2WL lifestyle ❤️

I really don't like the idea of 'cheat' days or 'cheat' meals.
    That's diet mentality and EM2WL is not a diet.
    You should be eating enough calories that you can include your favourite foods into your every day goals.
    Cheat days and meals are open to the whole binge/restrict cycle.
    Ichel
    EM2WL ambassador and moderator
  • SusanMFindlay
    SusanMFindlay Posts: 1,804 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    If "cheat day" = "day when I eat more than usual" then, yes, I absolutely have days when I eat the birthday cake or enjoy a nice dinner out or whatever. I find that rarely takes me much over maintenance calories so my weekly average winds up in a very reasonable place. I don't call them "cheat days" though and they happen based on special occasions not because I need an excuse to splurge. I work smaller treats into my daily calories to keep my hormones and taste buds happy.
  • GetnSmallz
    Options
    Ok! Thanks for the input. I must try to incorporate "treats" within my balances.
  • jvezzsb01
    jvezzsb01 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Don't worry after a day or two it will be soo easy. ;)
  • TerezaToledo
    TerezaToledo Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    Like Ichel said, EM2WL is not a diet, so there is no need for cheat days, treats are part of our life and there's nothing wrong with enjoying them.
    This is a great article about cheat days and food and how you should actually deal with it from EM2WL: http://pin.it/htr_MTZ
    http://eatmore2weighless.com/eating-become-cheating/

Tereza
    EM2WL moderator and team member
  • GetnSmallz
    Options
    @Tereza that article was very helpful. Thank you!