Returning

Options
HLaR79
HLaR79 Posts: 1,519 Member
I hope there are some familiqr facrs, i have been gone for the better part of maybe 3 or more months, i stopped in a few times but just couldnt make myself do it, anyway i am here, i am recommited, i got a gym membership, i have not gained any weight back so i am still down 36 lbs total, my next goal is to loose 30 which will take me to 20 percent of my high weight!!

I hope everyone has been doing well!

Replies

• Madelinec117
    Madelinec117 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Welcome back. I can understand taking a break and you did well since you did not gain any weight back. On working out at the gym, I find it helpful to keep a log of cardio workouts (time and miles on the stationary bike, etc) and then look at the totals at the end of the month to see what progress I have made. It's so easy to overlook that big picture and see the amount of progress made over a month's time.
  • asrai50
    asrai50 Posts: 937 Member
    Options
    Welcome back :) The hardest part is starting again and just making that commitment. I struggle everyday...but keep prodding along!
  • HLaR79
    Options
    Thanks about the idea of tracking time at the gym!! I have one friend committed to wednesdays and my husband and i are going to go every sunday morning, its a start!!!
    I also started to track food again and i am over two days in a row, which is probably why i have not lost anymore weight! But over all i feel good!
    I do believe olive garden may be a more evil place calorie wise then mcdonalds lol
    17761776 Posts: 1,098 Member
    Options
    Welcome back!!!! Gayle
  • bevkidd1
    bevkidd1 Posts: 265 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    I, too have taken a little time off. However, I have gained most of my weight back so I will be starting over. :( However I have recommitted to myself and I'm off and running! Have a great day everyone!
    17761776 Posts: 1,098 Member
    Options
    Me too!! Question: why do we always gain back??? Gayle
  • alanabanana01
    alanabanana01 Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    hey, it's good to see you again!
  • HLaR79
    Options
    Its been a good week, i certainly see why i stopped losi g weight, i am over eating a fair bit. And i missed the group support. I got my husband to start getting on board too and he is actually going to go to the gym with me.
  • asrai50
    asrai50 Posts: 937 Member
    Options
    HLaR79 wrote: »
    Its been a good week, i certainly see why i stopped losi g weight, i am over eating a fair bit. And i missed the group support. I got my husband to start getting on board too and he is actually going to go to the gym with me.

Thats awesome! I keep trying to convince mine to go too. I think it would be a good thing to do together :)
  • violet456
    violet456 Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    Me too. Been absent for a while. During the absence I have gained and lost 5 ish pounds a little more once but tried to get back down. I also now have a gym membership and trying to at least commit to Tuesday nights after the kids go down to go for an hour. I try to do some walking then weigh machines then walking for 40-50 minutes.

Alas, lets see if I can commit again this time. Good to see some familiar faces and some new.

Cheers
  • HLaR79
    Options
    Nice to see you back violet456 :smile:
  • RedfootDaddy
    RedfootDaddy Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    Guess who's back (back again) - had a check-in at my doc that said I've gained almost 40lbs in the last year D: Not good. So here I am, because if I can't get this *kitten* under control then it's time for the surgical option.
  • RedfootDaddy
    RedfootDaddy Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    Ahhh ha ha it censored me that's hilarious. Also oops bad me for cursing.
  • HLaR79
    Options
    Kitten lol?? Welcome back!! I am also at surgical, it takes a long time to get approved where i live so im giving it my all now!!
    Hope you fi d what works for you