An intro. Life long EEer.

Options
*Waving hello*. I'm back after a rather long hiatus. I never made it to 150 last year and reverted to emotional eating pretty much nonstop. :o My anniversary here at MFP is near 4years. My high point was over 300#, I was at 153 when I hit my collision .I hadn't weighed since I bumped to about 157. Yesterday the catalyst was a family member who said the guessed my weight at 200 -panic ensued. I replaced the batteries in my scale and stepped aboard. 183 last night.

That didn't stop me from having an extra slice of pizza but I am happy I awoke early today to work my early cardio in.
My mind set is realigned so I won't give up again. I'm no longer beating up on myself. Small changes garner positive results, but it will require patience, a lesson I've learned so much. It's finally is sticking, :*

I can proudly say I was in a few stores just after Halloween and I faced marked down candy, but none come home with me. *Win*.

Looking forward to meetings other emotional eaters here. We can conquer these demons.

Replies

• krismiller5
    krismiller5 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I can completely relate- I started this journey near the 300's back in 2012, I maintained my weight my loss until I got pregnant, then there was the emergency c-section and infections that followed that broke my good habits and I gained most of it back! I don't have a great suppor system in my friends, because we live to far apart, my husband tries, but he doesn't truly understand! Good luck on your journey! You can do this and you will succed!
  • kschwab0203
    kschwab0203 Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    I am back as well after 4 years. I managed to lose a lot of weight (60 lbs) after I had my son in 2008. I was able to maintain my weight for the most part give or take 5 lbs. for several years.

I left my husband in June 2013 and have managed to gain almost 25 lbs since then.

I struggle with emotional eating and binge eating.

It's difficult when you don't have a lot of support.

I am determined to get this weight off! I am down 4 lbs in three weeks and looking forward to being a HOT MAMA by New Years!!!
  • _LotusSpark_
    _LotusSpark_ Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I can completely relate- I started this journey near the 300's back in 2012, I maintained my weight my loss until I got pregnant, then there was the emergency c-section and infections that followed that broke my good habits and I gained most of it back! I don't have a great suppor system in my friends, because we live to far apart, my husband tries, but he doesn't truly understand! Good luck on your journey! You can do this and you will succed!

The good thing is that we each returned to finish and haven't given up. Congrats on being a mommy. Thank you for your wishes of sucess and I wish you complete success. :)
  • _LotusSpark_
    _LotusSpark_ Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I am back as well after 4 years. I managed to lose a lot of weight (60 lbs) after I had my son in 2008. I was able to maintain my weight for the most part give or take 5 lbs. for several years.

I left my husband in June 2013 and have managed to gain almost 25 lbs since then.

I struggle with emotional eating and binge eating.

It's difficult when you don't have a lot of support.

I am determined to get this weight off! I am down 4 lbs in three weeks and looking forward to being a HOT MAMA by New Years!!!

Thank you for your reply. I would have responded sooner but after I posted here I had a family crisis. (I didn't cave and eat wrong though).
    Wow, I can imagine you've had a rough time. You are strong to be back at it. It takes a lot of will power to get back at it, life changes do sometimes trigger these battles we face. 4 pounds. *High5*. That's super. You will, I have no doubt, be that HotMama in 2017.