Shocked!

Options
2»

Replies

• retirehappy
    retirehappy Posts: 4,754 Member
    Options
    Look at your fat intake, if you are hungry. Carbs should be low, fat high, and protein at a moderate level, so no muscle loss. It is hard when you first start to eat all the fat, but once you get over that, your hunger should be much more in control.
  • kpk54
    kpk54 Posts: 4,474 Member
    Options
    MKknits wrote: »
    @kpk54 Yesterday was also a hungry day for me - but I partially blame that on having a salad with romaine for lunch. I find romaine to be a worthless food for me and should have just brought spinach to make my own personal salad with (we had a group lunch to honor a coworker that involved lasagna and chicken ceasar salad - the salad is all I ate and it just wasn't filling even when I added full fat dressing, cheese and bacon).

Well there ya go. A good reason to BE hungry. Not enough food energy. Hopefully you were either able to fight through it in the afternoon or had something filling in your classroom stash to satisfy the hunger and did not succumb to obsessive eating when you got home. I'm guessing you handled it well or at least learned something from the experience and will make adjustments in planning. :)
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    @KnitOrMiss (a fellow knitter perhaps?) I have MagCalm I bought a few years ago to help with IBS issues, is that one okay?

@MKknits - yes, ma'am, I'm a fellow needle artist, though on a temporary time off, due to some injuries.

I've heard lots of good things about MagCalm and SloMag and the like. Try it and see how it goes. From what I recall, it is pretty decent, though once it is gone you might seek out a better form for you. Magnesium is a threshold medicine - you'll know you hit therapeutic doses when you aren't sprinting to the bathroom in an emergency fashion, but that the cramps are gone. The whole water/sodium/magnesium/potassium balance is delicate, so if you aren't getting your water it, it will be difficult to keep this all managed.

THIS is a decent explanation of the basic types of magnesium, though they may differ in reaction for you. I personally take Doctor's Best Brand Chelated Magnesium Glycinate, and I love it...other forms may work better for you...and where you can easily get it (I order from Amazon) may impact what type you choose as well.
  • MKknits
    MKknits Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    kpk54 wrote: »
    @kpk54 Yesterday was also a hungry day for me - but I partially blame that on having a salad with romaine for lunch. I find romaine to be a worthless food for me and should have just brought spinach to make my own personal salad with (we had a group lunch to honor a coworker that involved lasagna and chicken ceasar salad - the salad is all I ate and it just wasn't filling even when I added full fat dressing, cheese and bacon).

Well there ya go. A good reason to BE hungry. Not enough food energy. Hopefully you were either able to fight through it in the afternoon or had something filling in your classroom stash to satisfy the hunger and did not succumb to obsessive eating when you got home. I'm guessing you handled it well or at least learned something from the experience and will make adjustments in planning. :)

Yes I did pack a few snacks - I try to do that daily just in case. So I had 1oz of macadamia nuts that I ate right after the salad and 2 salami cheese rolls I ate around 3. That held me until supper mostly but I was really hungry at supper - but I just loaded up on fat because most of my carbs had been used yesterday already (grass fed burger with cheese and avocado, and 1/2 cup of cauliflower topped with cream cheese and bacon).
  • cstehansen
    cstehansen Posts: 1,984 Member
    Options
    The most accurate way to see if you are in ketosis is to eat way off plan for a day and you will see how badly your body rebels with feelings of being bloated, unpleasant bathroom excursions and feeling of being unable to get full. I don't recommend this, but just thought I would throw it out there. :)
  • MKknits
    MKknits Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    cstehansen wrote: »
    The most accurate way to see if you are in ketosis is to eat way off plan for a day and you will see how badly your body rebels with feelings of being bloated, unpleasant bathroom excursions and feeling of being unable to get full. I don't recommend this, but just thought I would throw it out there. :)

:D no thank you! My stomach issues are so much better now doing this. I don't know if it's because I'm sensitive to gluten or sugar really dislikes my sytem...but either way eating keto I'm having way less issue stomach wise then I've ever had before...and I love it!
  • cstehansen
    cstehansen Posts: 1,984 Member
    Options
    cstehansen wrote: »

:D no thank you! My stomach issues are so much better now doing this. I don't know if it's because I'm sensitive to gluten or sugar really dislikes my sytem...but either way eating keto I'm having way less issue stomach wise then I've ever had before...and I love it!

Then I guess you have your answer without the need for such a painful experiment.