OT - Monday Night Football

savignr
savignr Posts: 711 Member
Admission - I am a huge Bills fan. But three crucial officiating errors at the end of the first half probably cost them a win against Seattle. Even the NFL admitted it was handled totally incorrectly. Just a horrible performance.

Replies

• 88olds
    88olds Posts: 4,525 Member
    That & $2 get you a cup of Starbucks. Apparently there is a substantial history of Seahawks homer calls turning outcome of games.
  • mcbluesky
    mcbluesky Posts: 92 Member
    Bills definitely got robbed last night. I could not believe how bad they botched the end of the first half. Officiating seems to be getting worse every year. Too much dependency on replays. I know the players are bigger and faster, but the referees have to get better as well. Easier said than done, but it is getting ridiculous. Seems like they have to huddle up at least 5 times during a game just to decide what the penalty is. Here in NC they treat our QB like a fullback, (OK he is big and a great running QB), but compare the hits he takes to someone like Brady. You cannot breathe on Tom Brady without a roughing the QB penalty. Cam was the MVP last year, so he should get some Brady like protection as well when he is in the pocket. Just saying.
  • Calvin2008Brian
    Calvin2008Brian Posts: 1,024 Member
    I turned it on last evening just in time to watch that debacle at the end of the half. Actually, I turned to the game just as the Bills were clocking the ball following the first two blown calls. How bizarre.

Meanwhile, the NFL is losing TV audience this season and can't figure out why.
  • Jimb376mfp
    Jimb376mfp Posts: 6,236 Member
    88olds wrote: »
    That & $2 get you a cup of Starbucks. Apparently there is a substantial history of Seahawks homer calls turning outcome of games.

I'm a Packer fan and will never forget the bad call that cost us a game against the Seahawks. That is what got the regulations Refs back to the NFL.
    I wonder what happens to the Refs from last night? That mess up with seconds left in half was unbelievable.