Slipping

Options
JLG1986
JLG1986 Posts: 211 Member
Hi guys. I'm a long time forum lurker here...I've never made my own post before. But...I'm struggling and need some support.

I've been doing so much better avoiding binges, but today I ate pizza for breakfast and snuck back to the breakroom at work twice for another slice of cake (not my birthday. Not even great cake). Now my brain is slipping into binge mode...waiting anxiously to go home to heat up my pizza and eat until I'm beyond full. Wondering how much ice cream is left in that pint, and should I go to the store for chips and cookies.

It's very frustrating to me that every time I feel sad or stressed I fall back into these patterns. I'll feel like a "normal food person" who doesn't care much about food except when hungry or actually eating...for a few days. Then something sets me off and I go back to the food monster in my brain muttering about how good it's going to taste, how much I'm going to eat as soon as I'm alone.

What do you do when you want to binge - when you're in that anticipatory planning stage of a binge - to redirect your thoughts and find satisfaction and satiation elsewhere?

Replies

• Blaxican38
    Blaxican38 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    You are an inspiration!im starting over its hard but understand your struggle...im here my plan is to just start by walking everyday 4 miles
  • elize7
    elize7 Posts: 1,088 Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    I'm also not where I want to be. The holidays are owning me this year. Last year I owned them. Oh well.
    Best I've been able to do for now is allow myself more of foods which are not my trigger foods in hopes that I can break away from a few months of damaging binges. So far, it's working. My macros and cals are all over the place and I'm not losing...but I've stopped binging and gaining. That's a start.
    I'm hoping to hold this pattern til after the holidays and then start over on a new lifestyle plan as a New Year's Resolution.
    Losing, gaining, dieting, binging, success then emotional downfalls, eating disorders....so sick of it all.
    Wish I could just be steady eddie- happy and healthy at a reasonable weight.
    I'm holding on tight to that thought.
  • Gamliela
    Gamliela Posts: 2,468 Member
    Options
    Glad for this topic. I'm struggeling too. Stress events recently make me feel compulsive about food. Like you Elize, I'm relying heavily on my non triggering food, and although I'm not really overeating calorie amounts, I know I am skating around on thin ice. I keep up with honest logging and making myself accountable by reading the groups I've joined and posting when I can. This helps, just to know you-all are here and cope with similar challenges daily.
  • elize7
    elize7 Posts: 1,088 Member
    Options
    Update: still struggling... only 5 more days til it's over!
    Can't wait to get on an even keel.