3g c / slice cake recipe

Options
KetoNaomi
KetoNaomi Posts: 38 Member
I have a cake recipe to share with you

If you need a cool low carb cookbook, check this.

Pics: http://i.imgur.com/FNwCFoA.jpg

Dry Ingredients

1 cup of Almond Flour
1 TBSP Coconut Flour
1 TBSP protein powder (unflavored or vanilla, can sub coconut flour)
1.5 tsp Baking Powder
Pinch of salt
OPTIONAL - 1 tsp Baking Soda (if adding lemon)
OPTIONAL - .5 tsp Xanthan Gum (adds stability)

Wet Ingredients

1/2 cup Unsalted Butter, softened
5 Eggs
1/2 cup Unsweetened Almond Milk (adjust to get a cake batter consistency)
5 oz Cream Cheese
Liquid Sweetener equiv. to roughly 1 cup of sugar (I use ez sweetz, about 3/4s of a tsp)
1-2 tsp Vanilla Extract
OPTIONAL - 1/2 of a lemon, juiced (alternatively, 6 true lemon packets)
OPTIONAL - 1 tsp Almond Extract
Icing
1/2 cup whipping cream
Liquid sweetener to taste
1 tsp Sugar-Free Jello powder (flavor of your choice, I use lemon)
small splash of Vanilla Extract (or extract of your choice, go crazy)

Instructions

Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease your cake pan (I recommend either a square or round cake pan for this and my suggested baking times reflect this).

In one bowl, combine the dry ingredients and mix thoroughly. In a second bowl, beat the softened butter, eggs and cream cheese together.
Add your sweetener and your flavorings (I use all of the ones listed, it ends up tasting like a lemon poundcake) and mix. Add 1/4 of a cup of almond milk, then combine your wet and dry ingredients.

Once you have combined your wet and dry ingredients, add the rest of your almond milk if needed and let the batter rest for 5-10 minutes. Add more almond milk if necessary. You're looking for a batter that's thick and fluffy, but spreadable and moist. Scoop your batter into your cake pan and smooth the top.

Bake in the oven for 40-55 minutes, depending on your oven. Once the top is a deep golden brown and a knife inserted in the center comes out clean, remove and allow to cool.

When you are ready to serve your cake, beat your icing ingredients together until fluffy. Slice your cake and serve with a scoop of the whipped cream icing and, if you're feeling cutesy, a raspberry on top.

Nutrition Information

Assuming nine slices, you're looking at roughly 3gc per slice.

I hope people enjoy it and I'd love to hear back from those of you who try this.