2»

Replies

• RalfLott
    RalfLott Posts: 5,036 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    MyriiStorm wrote: »
    RowdysLady wrote: »
    .... And these gray people in the forum.

Hey, I resemble that remark! :p

I used to resemble that remark... back when I was only gray. Now, I'm :smiley:
  • idocdlw
    idocdlw Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    I am a noob to this forum...can someone tell me what they mean when they reference "gray" ??
  • 40DayFit
    40DayFit Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    I believe it's Typonese for "great."
  • emaline2210
    emaline2210 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I'm just determined this time. I have health reasons: really high antibodies (thyroid, hashimotos diagnosis), vitamin d deficient and slightly higher cholesterol and hemoglobin.

I do drink. Which is why I find keto so successful for me. I eat about 900-1100 calories/day with intermittent fasting, and then I have a couple cocktails several times per week. I either drink vodka and soda water or red wine. I have a tendency to overdrink the wine, so that's a treat.

I also have the energy and lowered inflammation, so I find myself WANTING to work out. Mind over matter.

I think back to what my dr said last year, far before I committed to this fully, "the American diet is so perverted. We eat like we think food is supposed to taste so good. But it's really to nourish our body."
  • Sunny_Bunny_
    Sunny_Bunny_ Posts: 7,140 Member
    Options
    I agree so much with @KnitOrMiss
    The why is really the foundation of it all right? If you don't decide why, then it's too easy to make compromises.

See if this little pep talk helps. It's only a few minutes to listen. Maybe 5..
    https://www.ketovangelist.com/episode-1-start-with-why/
  • Bonny132
    Bonny132 Posts: 3,617 Member
    Options
    What they both said. The Why is so important.
  • genmon00
    genmon00 Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    I totally agree with @KnitOrMiss and @Sunny_Bunny_ The WHY is what keeps me motivated. Once I got the confirmation that this WOE has significantly improved my diabetes and hbp, I thought why go back to what was making and keeping me sick? Am I perfect?, no by no means but I look at this WOE as a permanent , preferred, rest of my life choice. I want to be healthy, I want to live to see my grandkids (which prob won't be till Im in my 70s lol), This wants far outweigh I want to eat that sugar/carb laden thing. Get to the why :)
  • idocdlw
    idocdlw Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    I go back time and time again to the healing words someone provided me when I was in an abusive relationship. Many friends and family demonized my partner, which prompted me to come to his defense rather than advocate for myself. Never ask an abused person "why do you stay?" because that most often triggers justification/rationalization of the action whether it makes sense or not.

A very wise person used three magic words..."you deserve better"

When I am not doing what I should, I view it as me abusing myself...who would abuse themselves? All of us. But those three magic words that have become my mantra always return me quickly to a path of self love and self care.

Continue to remind yourself that YOU DESERVE BETTER
  • RowdysLady
    RowdysLady Posts: 1,370 Member
    Options
    MyriiStorm wrote: »
    RowdysLady wrote: »
    .... And these gray people in the forum.

Hey, I resemble that remark! :p

mwhahahaha....damn typing on a phone...why do I even try?
  • RowdysLady
    RowdysLady Posts: 1,370 Member
    Options
    idocdlw wrote: »
    I am a noob to this forum...can someone tell me what they mean when they reference "gray" ??

I meant great.