Body image

Options
kfat1
kfat1 Posts: 50 Member
So went shopping for some new dress pants. Have done really well on keto diet! Tried on a size 4 petite and they fit wonderful. But as I stood there, my daughters tell me how great I look, I feel "fat". I can't believe those feelings entered my mind....50 years old, mature self confident woman, but what the heck? I know I am at a wonderful healthy weight, but have an awful feeling of "ugh" yuck! Came home and ate pizza lol! How normal is the reaction, if at all?

Replies

• BT_rescuemom
    BT_rescuemom Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    Totally normal, and common. My advice would be to do something that helps make you proud of your body. Challenge yourself physically so the focus isn't on the mirror or the scale but on what your body can do! Oh, and therapy is helpful too to help retrain your brain from that negative thinking.
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    Counseling also helps, just in general. I think we all face this, with losing or gaining. I tend to find that when "I feel fat," there is something else in my life going on at that moment that tips my hormones or whatever out of balance and the direction I vent is at my own body, rather than the actual trigger in my life... So I find that counseling, journaling, talking with a friend who's been there, mindfulness, meditation, coloring, all of those things help me "re-center" with myself versus the skewed reality that likes to lie to us...

(HUGS)
  • Angelszophia
    Angelszophia Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Nice one Knit! Hugs to both of you!