American thanksgiving

Options
HLaR79
HLaR79 Posts: 1,519 Member
So i just seen a reminder that American thanksgiving is fast approaching. Though we have celebrated our thanksgiving here in Canada already, this year i will be in the states for your celebration because my friend and I plan to go black friday shopping.
So for me it will mean about 7 meals in restaurants or hotel.

How do some of you plan to get through the holiday, is there anyone else travelling?

So far i think my pksns include: buying fruit and yogurt and nuts so i have healthy breakfast and lunches!! Getting a case of water, so i am not just drinking pop, and having our bigger meals mid day so i still have lots of time to work it off. Plus of course swimming at the hotel for a little extra work out time, besides my 2 days of shopping.

Replies

• asrai50
    asrai50 Posts: 937 Member
    Options
    Sounds like a good plan to me. I will be working, but thats sometimes a pitfall because everyone brings food! I will also probably have something either the day before or after for hubby and myself. We may just go out...much better because then I dont have leftovers to deal with. I am going to try and concentrate on just the proteins and some simple veggies and stay away from the desserts as much as possible!
  • alanabanana01
    alanabanana01 Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    traveling is always hard for me! If possible, before eating I look through a restaurants menu and figure out what I will get....Even if I have to sit in the parking lot on my phone and look, it keeps me from getting tempted by unwise choices. And have fun!
  • beckey24
    beckey24 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    make sure no matter what you eat, you log it. That accountability can help keep things under control. Make a plan and stick to it. when traveling I try to only eat out 1 meal, typically lunch and keep my breakfast and dinner smaller at the hotel.
  • HLaR79
    HLaR79 Posts: 1,519 Member
    Options
    I ate really well i am proud of myself! We made mcdonalds our junk meal because hardly anything was opened but i stayed under calories that day too and we walked so much in those three days!!! Unfortunately travelling makes me swell badly so i dont know if i lost weight last week but i know i didnt gain any.

And this one restaurant we went too i was able to fit in the booths. Last time we were there i didnt fit!!! It made me so happy.
  • asrai50
    asrai50 Posts: 937 Member
    Options
    HLaR79 wrote: »
    And this one restaurant we went too i was able to fit in the booths. Last time we were there i didnt fit!!! It made me so happy.

Isnt that the best feeling ever?? Great NSV!