Weekly Post 13.11. - 19.11.16

Options
flumi_f
flumi_f Posts: 1,888 Member
How is everyone?

I have decided to continue with 3 fasts per week until the holidays, maybe through January, with a break over Christmas ;-) I've been losing about 300-400g per week eventhough my weekends are less than perfect. Back under 63kg...goal is to be around 61 by Christmas.

Exercise is going OK too. Ran an hour on Saturday at it felt good. Had a brisk 3h walk with Mom's dog on Sunday. Exercising more regularly seems to be helping my body to lose.

It took a while, but I seem to have found my way back to what worked for me in the past :)

Happy fasting and have a good week!

Replies

• megellcor71
    megellcor71 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    That is fantastic flumi_f. I am thinking of trying 3 fasts/week also. I feel strong again today doing my 3rd fast (starting 2nd week). But... went over my 500 again (650).! Hope I see a drop in the scale this week.

I am also walking during week, 2 miles most weekdays and then spinning and body pump on weekend

I noticed you do fasts two days in a row... how hard is that?

Thanks for your posts !
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    I've been sick the past couple of days thanks to something viral.

I'll probably just fast today and call it a week and reduce my calories a bit.
  • flumi_f
    Options
    Hope you feel better soon, CooCoo.

Megellcor - When I started with 5:2 I would have had difficulties with B2B fasts. At that time I was quite strict with my fast day cals and also usually 100-200 cals under maintainance on the other days. I lost well that way. Now I kind of go with the flow a little more...my fasts are less perfect and my weekends have been socially busy including eating. Thus the third fast gives me a bit of extra cals for the weekend without cancelling my deficit. I don't like to fast on Wednesday or Friday, thus I'm on Mo/Tu/Th atm, when my week allows and my mind plays along. It's the flexibility of 5:2 that makes it a longterm tool for me.
  • flumi_f
    Options
    Went OK for my B2B. But there is bread in the oven.... I brewed beer in the lab today to see if it would be a good project for my students ( I teach chemical lab techs).

With the yeast and the filtered malt spelts I made bread, when I got home today. Smells pretty good! Waiting for the 'beer' to start bubbling as a sign that sugar is being converted to alcohol. B)

OK....tried a small slice...very yummy and tastes like there is cheese in it, but there isn't. Just dark flour, salt, yeast, a little sugar, water and the spelts. Interesting experiment :p No more today though.
  • flumi_f
    Options
    Listened to the lyrics today. I mean really listenend. What a powerful song from father to child, probably maybe husband to wife. Just beautiful, powerful, magical words.

Love your life everybody ;) Love who you are!

"Love My Life" – Robbie Williams
    Tether your soul to me
    I will never let go completely.
    One day your hands will be
    Strong enough to hold me.

I might not be there for all your battles,
    But you'll win them eventually.
    I pray that I'm giving you all that matters,
    And one day you'll say to me,

"I love my life
    I am powerful, I am beautiful, I am free
    I love my life,
    I am wonderful, I am magical, I am me,
    I love my life."

I am not my mistakes,
    But God knows, I've made a few.
    I started to question the angels,
    And the answer they gave was you.

I cannot promise there won't be sadness,
    I wish I could take it from you.
    But you'll find the courage to face the madness,
    And sing it because it's true.

I love my life
    I love my life,
    I love my life.

Find the others with hearts like yours
    Run far, run free, I'm with you.

I love my life
    I love my life,

I love my life.
    I love my life,
    I love my life,
    And finally, I'm where I want to be.
  • CooCooPuff
    edited November 2016
    Options
    Do you guys get cramps after fast days? I just noticed they've been coinciding. :s

I assume it's the low salt? I've been getting around 600mg on fast days. I'll start drinking a cup of broth on fast days and see if that helps.
  • flumi_f
    Options
    I don't, but i think a broth could help you. Sodium, potassium an magnesium might be getting washed out of your system because of drinking more water during your fast.
  • mamainthekitchen
    mamainthekitchen Posts: 929 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    Flumi, very cool on both your subjects... making beer & the lyrics! Good job on being so diligent with your goals too!! I'm having a bit of a slump this past week. I've not logged food since Saturday! And even then I don't think I finished the day! I may have over done the gardening a bit several days in a row and maybe that wore me out physically & mentally... I hope that's it. Now I'm out to the park with the dog, it's a gorgeous fall day so the fresh air will do me good and then I plan on completing my weight workout for 1/2 hour. Planks extra!

@CooCooPuff I get cramping throbbing legs all the time! I was overdue in buying new runners so I thought my new shoes would help but I still suffer. I don't use a lot of sodium and reduced sodium foods.... not sure how many grams you're suppose to get? Is your cramping internal or leg/muscles? Hope you find relief! (Then let me know! :s )

Hope everyone is doing well.....???

• flumi_f
    Options
    Try magnesium, mama. That usually helps with regular cramping. Can cause constipation, so play with the dosage as needed.
  • CooCooPuff
    Options
    It's my calves that bother me in the middle of the night. :s

I'm fasting tomorrow and will try the broth before bed. I did it this morning just because I wanted to see how it would taste.
  • KateNkognito
    KateNkognito Posts: 1,524 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    CooCooPuff wrote: »
    It's my calves that bother me in the middle of the night.

Try extra calcium and magnesium. I HAVE to take my vitamins when I fast, or I feel yucky the next day. Hope the cramps get better!
  • flossyruby1
    flossyruby1 Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone!! Glad to see all of you are still doing well, despite the usual "life" hurdles. I'm still fasting twice a week, which is now just a habit. I can't say I've successfully stuck to 500-600 cals on my fast days and while I've basically still kept the weight off, I've noticed a few extra pounds snuck by and I'm not liking it one bit. I touched on this in another thread, but my reasons for losing/maintaining have sort of faded into the background. It's easy to lose sight of why. Of course, fitting in smaller clothes, my health, the usual reasons exist, but I also have other reasons. I'm fighting my definition of what it means to be a middle aged woman and what it looks like to me. I'm trying to defy that image, or at least I'm trying most of the time. However, it's soooo easy to slip into complacensy, which is where I'm at right now. I'm hoping my trip to Hawaii will fire me up. I leave Saturday!!
  • flossyruby1
    flossyruby1 Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    Had a textbook FD wed and after stepping on the scale Thursday, it looks like I'm not all that off on my weight. I am planning to fast today, despite preferring 2 days in between FD. I leave tomorrow, and while traveling may present the opportunity to fast, I'll be traveling with my mom who is a bit obsessed with where and when her next meal will occur. I do NOT want a bunch of questions about why I'm not eating. Hope you all have a great weekend! Aloha :)
  • flumi_f
    Options
    Great job flossy! And safe travels!

My fast has gone a bit bust, but I did a 1/2h session on my rebounder, so I'm booking it as a Friday Fast ;-) TGIF everyone, enjoy!
  • mamainthekitchen
    mamainthekitchen Posts: 929 Member
    Options
    Oh Flossy!! Have a fantastic time!!!! Good job on your scale victory and just to choose foods visually that look like more...(to keep mom tricked) nachos & your piles of veg etc Frozen yogurts are awesome there etc! Maybe if you eat more often, that would fool her ;) enjoy!!!

I'm heading to the store soon and will investigate the magnesium!! I have been lax in taking my calcium lately so maybe if I focus to take it, and the magnesium my legs will be happier! Thanks ladies!

Happy Friday people! Enjoy your weekend!
  • KateNkognito
    KateNkognito Posts: 1,524 Member
    Options
    @mamainthekitchen I set an alarm on my phone and keep my vitamins in a pill organizer. I am always sitting down by 9 so I keep it in my side table and just reach over and grab it when the dinger dings! I am a bit like Pavlov's dog.
    I had two low cal days and one almost-fast day. Which is so much better than I have been doing, so I am going to count it as a win.
  • CooCooPuff
    Options
    I drank some nasty tasting Knorr last night. I actually felt better not long after drinking it.

No calf cramp at night, woo!
    Thanksgiving week will be interesting. I don't have any reason not to fast Monday and Wednesday.
  • megellcor71
    megellcor71 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Well I had to abort my fast yesterday. I had horrific blood sugar plummet at work. I occasionally get this but only when I eat the wrong stuff, bread is the worst. Sweaty, shaking and nauseated. So I had to have some nuts and then decided to just finish the day with normal dinner and fasted today instead. Such amazing flexibility with this plan. Had big bowl of veggies and shrimp for dinner and I am so satisfied. This will be end of 2nd week on 5:2 and thus far have lost nothing
  • flumi_f
    Options
    Megellcor - yup grain and sugars can do that to you. Smart of you to listen to your body and find a good solution for the day.

No loss this week either. Keep watching your trend. I have found that I lose better in the weeks before my period and nothing right after. Knowing this helped me accept the ups and down and I look at the month to month trend even though I weigh myself daily.