Energy Question

1duffwf
1duffwf Posts: 76 Member
Hi low-carb peeps! I started the Atkins lifestyle last Friday. So I've been doing induction for 5 days. I've been lucky and haven't been hit with the dreaded "low carb flu" much. I've been drinking some green tea in the morning for a pick me up but otherwise have been feeling good.

Then today comes...and WOWSERS do I feel AWESOME. :smile: I have a boat load of energy and didn't even need my green tea this morning. Does this mean my body has switched to ketosis (and is running on fat)? I don't remember the last time I felt this good. :love:

Replies

• LizC28
    LizC28 Posts: 6
    I'm 8 days in and for the last 2 days, I've felt super energetic---Not sure why, but I love it :)
  • Juliane_
    Juliane_ Posts: 373 Member
    This is great to read. So have you both become more physically active just because you feel so energized? Just curious if it's the kind of energy that makes you want to get up and do stuff.
  • 1duffwf
    1duffwf Posts: 76 Member
    This is great to read. So have you both become more physically active just because you feel so energized? Just curious if it's the kind of energy that makes you want to get up and do stuff.

YES - it's the kind of energy that makes me want to bang out some extra workout time. :smile:
  • Juliane_
    Juliane_ Posts: 373 Member
    That's awesome! That's exactly how I've felt it. I haven't been paying attention to it though because I'm trying to finish through my books on low carb and what not so my free time is spent reading at the moment.

I think after the "dust" settles I might just beat the roadrunner lol.