1200 Calories: Daily log in

Options
I'm creating this thread so that those of us who are setting a daily goal of 1,200 calories can report in. This is completely voluntary. That 1,200 calories can be after exercise calories.

Replies

• WallyAmadeus
    WallyAmadeus Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    11/15: 1,204 calories. Today was 6 miles of walking so that updated my available calories.
  • WallyAmadeus
    Options
    11/16: 1,445. Where the calories sneak in: The little "extras", the bag of almonds at Starbucks the handful of pretzels.
  • WallyAmadeus
    Options
    11/17: 1,150. Looking back what adds up those calories are those protein bars and snack packs of almonds. Not "bad" foods, but not filling either.

Please feel free to join in on this daily report!
  • aksaali9973
    aksaali9973 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi

I'm really new to this and i have a question. I'm a 18 year old female, 5'3 and weight is 8 stone 10lbs. I have been eating healthy since last year August and have also joined the gym three times a week with a steady pace of cardio, and have continued with this till, date. However before eating healthy and joining the gym my weight was extremely high and my BMI was very high as well. Since August my weight has dropped a lot and have reached the healthy weight and BMI but i can see very little difference in my body shape, so i therefore received an estimate of my body fat percentage and it was really high as well. This is something I am not understanding because i have lost weight as going from morbidly obese to a healthy weight but my body fat percentage is very high. Numerous amounts of people are telling me to try strength training to tighten up but my specific goal is to decrease my body fat percentage with also seeing results.

I would be grateful for a response
  • bowsontoes
    bowsontoes Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Hi

I'm really new to this and i have a question. I'm a 18 year old female, 5'3 and weight is 8 stone 10lbs. I have been eating healthy since last year August and have also joined the gym three times a week with a steady pace of cardio, and have continued with this till, date. However before eating healthy and joining the gym my weight was extremely high and my BMI was very high as well. Since August my weight has dropped a lot and have reached the healthy weight and BMI but i can see very little difference in my body shape, so i therefore received an estimate of my body fat percentage and it was really high as well. This is something I am not understanding because i have lost weight as going from morbidly obese to a healthy weight but my body fat percentage is very high. Numerous amounts of people are telling me to try strength training to tighten up but my specific goal is to decrease my body fat percentage with also seeing results.

I would be grateful for a response

First of all, congrats on your weight loss! Cardio is great for burning a lot of calories quickly, but adding in weights will change your body composition and give you some abs and shape. Unless you are eating above maintenance, you won't bulk up. Actually, the women who do bulk up intentionally eat significantly more in order to do so. Search the archives here and check out Popsugar.com for some beginner routines. Some girls really like the Kayla Itsines Sweat app, check her instagram feed to see how women can incorporate weights to achieve toned bodies. Join the Not-that-Heavy Girls group to connect with more people, and feel free to add me too!