New to IF

Options
walkdmc
walkdmc Posts: 529 Member
Hi! I just searched for an IF group here and this popped up. I notice the group was formed today!!! Great timing! I think this will be a useful group for a lot of folks so thanks for starting it.

I started keto 2 weeks ago and did 16:8 IF a few days. Now, I'm almost 24 hours into a fast. I plan on fasting 36 hours then resuming keto. It's been remarkably easy! I'm reading Dr. Jung/Fung's(?...sorry I forget his name) book and he gives compelling reasons to do a longer fast. He seems to favor a 7-14 day fast. However, this close to Thanksgiving, I'm concerned that'll lead to serious overeating so I'll finish my 36 hours and try a 7 day fast early in December.

Overall, I like fasting WAY more than I anticipated and look forward to incorporating this into my life, longterm.

Anyone do this regularly? Can you share your experience or tips? Am I right to avoid fasting the entire week before Thanksgiving? (I'm preparing the meal and sides for 18 people so prep will start early the day before).

Replies

• carrietimme
    carrietimme Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hows the fasting going? How you found that it caused you to over eat? I do 16/8 and I love it. I haven't tried to fast longer than 16 hours. I have read about how it helps balance hormones and such. How do you feel on longer fasts? I hope you had a wonderful holiday season!
  • ThinnerHill
    ThinnerHill Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    I'm gonna start IF when I go back to work, any tips
  • LaLaLovely76
    LaLaLovely76 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I searche for IF and found this. I want to IF but finding it challenging since I work in the day...I'm going to try and make it work for a more consistent weight loss. Is it possible?
  • yazheirx
    yazheirx Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    LaLaLovely76 I completed my first 24-hour water fast on a day off. But I also ensured that I had been on a ketogenic diet for a month before. By doing it on my day off I was able to distract myself with a movie, books, chores and the like. Only once did I find myself wandering the kitchen.

• therealorithomas
    therealorithomas Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I just started IF. I do 18/6.. so far so good, it does get easier