Sweating while sleeping?

lilolilo920
lilolilo920 Posts: 184 Member
Hi guys!
I'm new to the group, but I've been reading a bunch of different threads here and must say that I love this community (or what I've seen of it anyways)! I love how eager everyone is to help.
Anyways, I've recently started focusing more on lifting and bulking (once I finish my reverse diet) instead of running and being at an unhealthy low weight. I've noticed recently that sometimes I will wake up in the middle of the night/morning all sweaty! I've not changed the temperature in my room/amount of clothes I wear, etc. This seems to happen the night after I've had a long lifting session or if I've bumped up my intake/ate a lot before bed. Has anyone else experienced this or am I missing something? Curious to see if this is a common thing.
Thanks!!

Replies

• Gallowmere1984
    Gallowmere1984 Posts: 6,626 Member
    Higher carb days do this to me, especially if I've had a keto run, or an extremely depleting lifting session. I end up feeling like I'm on fire before bed, turn the AC to 60 degrees F, and still wake up sweating like a pig.
  • SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    Yes I've experienced it but I've never looked into anything on it specifically so I can't really comment with anything of value =)
  • lilolilo920
    lilolilo920 Posts: 184 Member
    Glad to see I'm not the only one!! I've looked for research on it and wasn't able to find anything!
  • Sumiblue
    Sumiblue Posts: 1,597 Member
    Ha, I sweat while sleeping. It is partly due to me piling on blankets and comforters. But I've noticed I've been sweating more after deadlift day.
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    I'll get them also on nights after a hard endurance ride or run - and obviously doing some glucose refill for them. And I hope some repair.
    The cramp potentials are wicked then.

Body is doing some major repair if diet allows. I've had nights when the ride ended late, I was wiped out from lack of water too, and mainly drank more than ate until bedtime - which I knew I didn't want.
    Don't get them then or not nearly as bad. And I'm dead tired the next day and legs feel so much worse, like no repair happened.
  • Gallowmere1984
    heybales wrote: »
    I'll get them also on nights after a hard endurance ride or run - and obviously doing some glucose refill for them. And I hope some repair.

Body is doing some major repair if diet allows. I've had nights when the ride ended late, I was wiped out from lack of water too, and mainly drank more than ate until bedtime - which I knew I didn't want.
    Don't get them then or not nearly as bad. And I'm dead tired the next day and legs feel so much worse, like no repair happened.

Have you tried supplementing mag for the night cramp/soreness issues? Epsom salt baths seem to work best for me, but if I'm out, a double dose of chelated mag works just as well.
  • Orphanogenesis
    Orphanogenesis Posts: 523 Member
    Beyond people with similar lifting/dietary habits recurring night sweats can be indicative of an illness or infection.

Since yourself and several others have mentioned the intensity bump, it's fair to say when the body is depleted either from energy or fatigue (cumulative?) your immune system can become compromised.

Nutrient wise maybe the bump in cals or carbs has had a negative effect on your Gut flora. Introducing new foods or ratios into a regimented diet can have this effect.

No-doubt overthinking it but thought I might offer a different approach from what has been posted.

• SapphireMoon23
    SapphireMoon23 Posts: 139 Member

It might be a good idea for you to research the benefits of magnesium. Especially regarding taking magnesium half an hour or so before work outs. And at night before you go to bed to minimize the aches in your body especially in your legs. Check out Natural calm magnesium.
  • Gallowmere1984

It might be a good idea for you to research the benefits of magnesium. Especially regarding taking magnesium half an hour or so before work outs. And at night before you go to bed to minimize the aches in your body especially in your legs. Check out Natural calm magnesium.

Definitely this, though I use either a chelated magnesium powder, or epsom soaks for mine. The biggest thing with mag is that the body just never seems to hold as much as a person putting in hard work really needs, and the cramps can be a monster.
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    I don't take as nice Mag as that, just a 250mg tablet - probably not as effective, but it does help, getting enough food in me long enough before sleep helps too.
    During swimming season, I have to take mag daily just to help not get foot/calf cramps during long swims. (apparently I'm attempting the hardest swim workout by being very ineffective in the water :p )
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    as a note my husband sweats a lot at night and he is not into "fitness" per say. He plays at it a bit...

Talked to a doctor (family) about it and she said it could be a variety of things such as too many clothes, blankets, heat in room, digestion...lol or something more serious such as adrenal gland issues.

something to consider....

btw we got cotton sheets, keep the fan on and got a cool gel pad for the mattress...he doesn't sweat as much.
  • KrunchyMama
    KrunchyMama Posts: 420 Member
    edited July 2017
    SezxyStef wrote: »
    as a note my husband sweats a lot at night and he is not into "fitness" per say. He plays at it a bit...

Talked to a doctor (family) about it and she said it could be a variety of things such as too many clothes, blankets, heat in room, digestion...lol or something more serious such as adrenal gland issues.

something to consider....

btw we got cotton sheets, keep the fan on and got a cool gel pad for the mattress...he doesn't sweat as much.

Night sweats can indicate sleep apnea too. In men another common sign is getting up at night a lot to pee