KetoNaomi Posts: 38 Member
edited May 2017 in Social Groups
Keto Coconut Cream Pie

Pics: http://i.imgur.com/fnemc04.jpg

4 tsp pure vanilla extract, divided
1/2 cup almond flour
1/4 cup crushed pecans
2 TBSP melted butter

For crust, mix melted butter, almond flour and pecans. Press into the bottom of an 8 inch springform pan. (I don’t have one, so I use a foil-lined round cake pan). Bake in a 350 oven for 8-10 minutes until crust is just golden brown and aromatic. Throw it in the freezer to cool.

Whisk 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream, sweetener and 1 cup coconut milk in saucepan over medium-high heat. Bring to a simmer and remove from heat. In separate bowl whisk together 1/2 cup coconut milk, egg yolks, xanathan gum, salt, and 3 tsp vanilla extract. Gradually whisk the hot milk into the egg mixture. Mix well for about 2 minutes. Return combined mixture to saucepan and cook over medium-high heat. Whisk constantly until mixture comes to a boil. Reduce the heat to a simmer and continue whisking pudding for another 2 minutes. Stir in 3/4 cup of the coconut. Pour into container, cover and refrigerate ~1 hour until cool, not set. Remove from fridge, stir well and pour over crust. Cover and return to fridge until set. ~3 hours.
Whisk remaining 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream, 1 tsp vanilla, and 1 tsp sweetener until soft peaks form. Spread over coconut filling. Top with remaining coconut flakes. Run knife under hot water between slices for pretty edges.

8 servings

Each:

287 calories
28 grams fat
3 grams net carbs (3 grams fiber)
4 grams protein

tastyketo.com