Surgery done, back home!!

Options
Everything went as planned. I actually feel really good. Better than I thought I would. Not a lot of pain really. I'm only sore where my port is(I got the lap band). I'm just taking things slow and trying to keep sipping so I won't get dehydrated. I'm so glad that part is behind me. Know the real work begins!!

Replies

• annwyatt69
    annwyatt69 Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    VERY happy that everything went as planned and you are doing so well!
  • LolaBug85
    LolaBug85 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Very glad to hear everything went well!
  • pattycakes726
    pattycakes726 Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! Glad things went well.
  • sadiegirl32
    sadiegirl32 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!! Glad you are back home and all went smoothly!
  • teresa7926
    teresa7926 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Glad all went well and you are feeling ok. Rest for a few days, but don't forget to sip and walk. It really does work!!!
  • Daisyboohoo
    Daisyboohoo Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I am so glad you are back home! Wow, time goes by so quick... Feels like yesterday that you said you are going in for the operation.

Good luck with the liquid diet. How long do you have to do liquids for?
  • JoelleAnn78
    JoelleAnn78 Posts: 1,492 Member
    Options
    Glad to see you are home and doing well! I am also glad you are sipping!! My biggest challenge after my RNY was the dehydration! I had to be rehydrated via IV at the ER about three weeks out. I thought I was doing well, but I got behind. Getting dehydrated means you are lethargic and sleepy and when you sleep you aren't drinking! Evil cycle until you can't get up out of bed.... No good! As a suggestion -- I sucked on Sugar Free popcicles all day long. They are 2oz each and it kept me at it so they didn't melt. You can't put your popcicle down and forget about drinking it! LOL I drank water too, of course, but I went through boxes and boxes of the popcicles..... Best of luck to you :heart:
  • Agate69
    Agate69 Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    Glad to see you are home and doing well! I am also glad you are sipping!! My biggest challenge after my RNY was the dehydration! I had to be rehydrated via IV at the ER about three weeks out. I thought I was doing well, but I got behind. Getting dehydrated means you are lethargic and sleepy and when you sleep you aren't drinking! Evil cycle until you can't get up out of bed.... No good! As a suggestion -- I sucked on Sugar Free popcicles all day long. They are 2oz each and it kept me at it so they didn't melt. You can't put your popcicle down and forget about drinking it! LOL I drank water too, of course, but I went through boxes and boxes of the popcicles..... Best of luck to you :heart:

Me too. It still works. 2 years out
  • kvandeman
    kvandeman Posts: 527 Member
    Options
    Glad you are back home and everything went smoothly.
  • sue100194
    sue100194 Posts: 129
    Options
    So happy to hear it!
  • happpyhappyjoyjoy
    happpyhappyjoyjoy Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    So happy you're home and doing well. :smile: