Deep fryer

Options
Does anyone have a brand of deep fryer they can recommend? Particularly something from Amazon?

Replies

• RowdysLady
    RowdysLady Posts: 1,370 Member
    Options
    I've never found one I just loved. Either too small, too big or has some feature that bites - like you can't close the lid with the basket in the crock. I have a Fry Daddy now that is the latter. Good luck and if you fall in love with one, let me know!
  • kpk54
    kpk54 Posts: 4,474 Member
    Options
    I have a MasterBuilt ELECTRIC INDOOR Turkey Fryer. It is similar to the one in the link but not exactly since mine is several years old. You may not want one this large but we like to deep fry turkeys and I have plenty of counterspace. If you want more "opinion" I'll provide.

https://www.amazon.com/Butterball-Electric-Turkey-Fryer-Analog/dp/B01DLVPHZC/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1479307693&sr=8-1&keywords=butterball+electric+fryer
  • cstehansen
    cstehansen Posts: 1,984 Member
    Options
    Sad note: I used to have a deep fryer 10 years or so ago but got rid of it because I thought it wasn't good for me to be frying so much food. In reality, I was right because everything I fried was battered or breaded. If only I had been frying the right foods.....

I have been thinking of getting another one. I would need a smaller one since nearly everything I would fry would be just for me.
  • BT_rescuemom
    BT_rescuemom Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the opinions! The one I have now is a multi use crock pot type thing, old school, from my MIL. Hubby said that if they had anything deep fried that is what she would use when he was a kid. It is so small though, and I would like something just dedicated to deep frying.