embarrassing question

Options
RLDeShazo
RLDeShazo Posts: 356 Member
I am embarrassed asking this question, but it has gone on too long and I need to know if anyone else has the same problem.
My bladder is super weak. Like, I am often not able to make it to the bathroom. The urge will hit me all of the sudden and I have to go right away, or there will be sprinkles. The problem as gotten worse as I've gotten heavier over the years.

Am I alone in this? Or is it common with large women?

Replies

• SuesNewImage
    SuesNewImage Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    I have the same prob, but only when I leave it too late and am just getting home. It rarely happens when Im out or if I go often so it dosnt get urgent. I heard the prob at home is because we relax when we get home. I have not thought it was to do with weight. But wondering if my pelvic floor muscles are not strong enough. Trying to do pelivic floor exercises but totally forget.
  • toxic17
    toxic17 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Yup! It comes and go for me. Some months my bladder is fine and other months I just barely make it to the bathroom.
  • TubbyYO
    TubbyYO Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Yup
    http://www.nhs.uk/Conditions/Incontinence-urinary/Pages/Symptoms.aspx
    think its mainly stress incontinence with me
  • candypa
    candypa Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I struggle too. I was pregnant 4 times with 3 births. I also had prolapse. Sometimes I make it. Sometimes I use leaky bladder pads.
  • anmlmzdiet
    anmlmzdiet Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    I actually have this problem at night. One day, it just started out of the blue. I figure I hit a breaking point. I am 325lbs, but only 5'2".