excercise

Options
bigred01
bigred01 Posts: 45 Member
I wanted to post this topic because I know a lot of us are on tight schedules and have limited time to fit in exercise. What are good exercises to do that burn a good amount of calories in a short amount of time? I know swimming is good, but with all the rain, I would like to come up with a few more good exercises that don't take forever to burn a decent amount of calories.

Replies

• tabik30
    tabik30 Posts: 443
    Options
    I am the manager of bank, have a 16 year old in every sport and am part owner in my daughter's booming buisness. (this is a huge part of my alcohol addiction). I just said all of that to let you know that you're not alone in not having time to exercise:smile: My favorite is to get on my treadmill on an incline for 20 or 30 mins and watch my soap that I record. The incline is tough but I burn lots more cals and tones my legs and butt. It is what seems to be working for me at this point. Looking forward to everyone's suggestions
  • Megs081211
    Megs081211 Posts: 150
    Options
    I try to aim for an hour a day, not sure what your time frame is. But generally in a 30 min C25K session I burn roughly 300 calories and I do hip hop abs and generally with a 30 min session I burn around 300 calories.
  • EddieHaskell97
    EddieHaskell97 Posts: 2,227 Member
    Options
    I try to do at least 40 minutes of cardio five times a week, and then three times a week resistance training for another fifteen with a ten minute cool down.

I do it late at night after my family has gone to bed (and so none of the neighbors will see me doing cardio). I'm 6'3 and down to 234 (from 271 at the end of May) so my burns are usually in the low to mid 400s.

I am completely with you on the rain, it's been driving my crazy when I can't go outside. I've used my Kinect to try to do cardio inside (then I REALLY don't want the neighbors to see me) but I'm going to be putting a treadmill and an elliptical in the basement.
  • bigred01
    bigred01 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I wish I had a basement...here in Texas those don't exist...lol