Weekly Post - 20.11. - 26.11.2016

Options
flumi_f
flumi_f Posts: 1,888 Member
A bit of haitius this weekend with food and lovely people. Enjoyed a BBQ with a new group of SUPers I discovered. Today I was at my sisters for a brunch with lake view. We also went for a walk on the lakeside on this beautiful golden sunday.

Back on track tomorrow and meals for my three fasts are ready to go. Thus all is good.

I'm very happy with how I feel about myself atm. Seems I finally recognize my image in the mirror as I actually am. This is new and very motivating. It has taken a very long time and I feel I have taken another step in the direction of being, feeling and seeing my trueself. :)

Have a great week and be good to yourself <3

Replies

• megellcor71
    megellcor71 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    3rd week of 5:2. I know what to expect now... not scared about the fasting but very scared this won't work. I seem to be eating a bit more on my non fast days than I should be and than I usually do. I am not going to stop though!!
  • mamainthekitchen
    mamainthekitchen Posts: 929 Member
    Options
    Hi megellcor71! Are you drinking enough water?? It sounds like you're really doing well on fast days so keep that up and just make sure you're drinking water on non fast days too. Don't forget accurate logging too...I had to log two homemade butter tarts for breakfast this morning!! :#

Just got back from an hours walk in the sunshine! I already blew a fd today but I'll try on Wednesday .... for my once a week fast I'm liking the idea of just on Wednesday. I can sense if don't keep at least one day of fasting in per week I could add a big 'ol inch to my waist in no time! I've yet to purchase magnesium yet... keep forgetting when at the store, but I did move my calcium chews to a nice dish where I sit and watch tv... tricking my brain to think it's a tootsie roll!!! :D
  • janetteluparia
    janetteluparia Posts: 318 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    Megellcor71! I have been doing this for 3+ years. it works. You will achieve your goals. I am sure of it.
  • megellcor71
    Options
    Janetteluparia ... thank you so much for your words of encouragement. How fast did you lose weight and how much if you don't mind me asking? I am committed to this for sure. It was like a lightbulb went off in my head, I have literally struggled 7 days/week for years to try to cut back on calories AND IT NEVER WORKED ! 3 steps forward would be followed by 4 steps back. How much easier to focus 2 days /week on calorie restriction and just live life on the others ?

Mamainthekitchen... thanks for your advice. I am pretty good with water but it is a struggle to get it in some days. I am also tracking everyday. Have for years! I had to abort one fast day too, but even that was so not a big deal. I was able to adjust schedule and fast the next day.
  • flumi_f
    Options
    Just finishing my second fast... a bit over on both, but I' good...

Megellcor - How fast you lose depends on your stats and the cals on your non fast days.

Myself as an example: 157cm / 62-63kg / 47y
    When I started 5:2 in 2013, I was 86kg and lost 1kg/week for about 8 weeks, then 0.5kg/week for the next 8 weeks and so on...my losses weren't linear, but that was my average. For the first year I was very strict on fast and non fast days and lost 20kg. Lost another 9kg the following year and then got lax and gained a few back. Losing those again now with three fasts and being half strict on the other days.

My TDEE before exercise is now around 1600-1700, thus with two good fasts and 5 days of maintainance, I only have a deficit of 2000cals a week. Thus the loss is a few hundred gramms is all I can expect. My exercise varies widely, but it does allow me a few extra cals on the weekend. Atm I do a third fast during the week, which either increases my deficit to 2500-3000 (500g) or gives me more wiggle room, when I have lots of social eating going on. I was negating my 2 fasts by not logging my non fast days for the last year or so. Which is why I log most days again. It keeps me more honest with myself and I am slowly losing again.

My losses vary from week to week depending on my cycle. When sticking to my cals - I lose better in the 1-2 weeks before my period and normally nothing the week after. I also seem to lose better with a mix of strength and cardio than only cardio. Grains don't seem to agree with my weightlos either, so I reduced my intake on most days. But not always, 'cause I like them.

My tip is experiment and watch your body, give it time and find out what makes your body tick the way you want it too ;-)

• megellcor71
    Options
    Thanks flumi_f! You are so helpful and welcoming. My stats now are 5'4 feet and 180. I am bad with kg (AMERICA still not metric enough!!) but I think I'm similar to where you were. I am very good about tracking Cals and TDEE. I seem to be eating around 2200 cal/day and TDEE is @2000. My two weeks so far on 5:2 are with 1000 cal deficit and 1600 so not surprising I have not lost much. But I AM NOT STOPPING. It makes too much sense. After 3 months of not trending down I will go to 4:3!
  • feisty_bucket
    feisty_bucket Posts: 1,047 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    Hey y'all, checking in. Fast day today (Wed.), doing 5:2 right now. We did our Thanksgiving meal stuff a week early because of work-trip timing, so I'm coming off a couple days of some overeating. Made pumpkin and pecan pies, awesome, nothing too extreme though. Still doing my usual daily walks along with hard cardio and weights and stretching. Will be back to calorie-neutral within a week. 5:2 rocks!
    Glad to see you guys are doing well.

megellcor, keep it up; good job so far. A tip: coffee is pretty magical sometimes on fasting days.
  • flumi_f
    Options
    Megellcor - Thanks, that's what we're here for ;-)

You are a good three inches taller and my start weight was about 5lb less. All in all the extra 200 cals per day nil out a fast day. That's not a problem, but will lead to slower losses. I am a short foodie, thus that also happens to me :p Atm the third fast is helping. Don't know how long I will keep that up, but atm my mind and body are OK with it. When I started with 5:2 a third fast often caused me to overcompensate more. It's always a work in progress ;)
  • flossyruby1
    flossyruby1 Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    Just wanting to wish everyone a Happy Thanksgiving!! Hawaii has been awesome, but very unkind to my waistline. I'm enjoying myself in every way, but am plotting a return to more focus to get back on track when I get home! Cheers!!