Omg...binge eating is totally my demon!

Options
SaiJ
SaiJ Posts: 12 Member
So this group is perfect for my issue. I will go days, sometimes weeks doing fine, and then I get a craving for something. Sometimes I can defeat the craving by eating something similar, but healther (i.e. instead of eating nachos loaded w/ cheese, I go for homemade popcorn w/ cheddar seasoning). But sometimes, I can't help it. SOME of my trigger foods are: Pizza, Tuna flatbread sandwiches w/ extra cheese from subway, and fried chicken wings. The problem isn't that I crave these things. The problem is that when I give into the cravings, I continue to crave them. I'll order a pizza or wings on Friday night and my daughter and I will eat the leftovers throughout the weekend(we throw in fruits and veggies, but still).
I read something about eating junk food-that the more you eat it, the more you crave it, because your body is downing all these calories w/ little nutritional value, so your body starts thinking that you need more.
And it's ALWAYS on the weekends. I'm a single mom so I don't get to go out much and do MY thing-all week, I'm running around doing stuff for/with my daughter or the household. Then the weekend comes and I just flop into an exhausted mess, and I don't want to cook...I want to order out or get fast food.

Replies

• kenj_06
    kenj_06 Posts: 17
    Options
    I do agree with the whole, the more you eat the more you crave. I can eat 1 candy bar and be hooked on chocolate. I can eat ice cream and just want more. It is impossible for me because any food can technically "trigger" my binge eating. I can't stop at 1 or 2 I go half or all the way :frown:
  • Zenjaeie
    Zenjaeie Posts: 95
    Options
    I totally get the whole eat-more-crave-more thing! During my last binge I ate waayy too much sugar... and guess what I can't stop craving now?? Anyways, welcome to the group!
  • SaiJ
    SaiJ Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    It's totally true! I don't know about you guys, but I'm an emotional eater too, so I KNOW binge eating is no good for me. It's always greasy food for me...I love me some cheese...and ranch...mostly cheese. Haha Thanks for the welcome ^_^
  • kenj_06
    kenj_06 Posts: 17
    Options
    It's totally true! I don't know about you guys, but I'm an emotional eater too, so I KNOW binge eating is no good for me. It's always greasy food for me...I love me some cheese...and ranch...mostly cheese. Haha Thanks for the welcome ^_^

I'm an emotional eater too. I tend to eat more on my down days, which most do. If I feel to heavy I eat, if I want go celebrate the loss of a pound I eat.