Night binging

kjoy_
kjoy_ Posts: 316 Member
Anyone else have the issue of binging right before bed, in the 9-11 p.m. arena?

i'm good all day, may have even gone on a run, eaten dinner and am still full. but somehow it usually starts with a handful of breakfast cereal (my trigger food), and turns into three handfuls of breakfast cereal from the box (usually something peanut butter or special k). after eating a few handfuls of sweet, i'll get a craving for salt/savory and turn to tortilla chips/crackers. it's miserable, i don't even feel like i'm in my body when i binge, i feel like it's someone else doing it. after i binge i just think to myself "why the heck would i do that, i wasnt even hungry" and have no desire to binge. odd things, binges are.

Replies

• serenawps
    serenawps Posts: 1 Member
    I have the same problem. I'll be great all day, workout, eat a sensible dinner, and then blow it all staying up late. Mine usually happens after my husband goes to bed. (I like to stay up late and watch TV once my 4 year old is asleep.) I'll start with a handful of nuts, or a piece of cheese (healthy options for snacks), but then I can't stop! I want PB and crackers or a plain tortilla, or even crazy stuff that would never sound good at other times of day. The only thing I can think to do is go to bed earlier to avoid this trap. I try to drink water instead of having any snacks (even healthy ones) after 8:00. It doesn't always work, though! :smile:
  • An open box of sweet cereal in my house means I'm going to binge eventually on it. Salt I'm ok with...well, most of the time.

I like to binge at night too. I think cool, I've eaten really well today, I can have one cookie (or something like that) and the next thing I know I'm sitting there with crumbs on me wondering what the heck just happened.

My boyfriend says don't bring it in the house, but I feel bad if my daughter wants something like poptarts and I have to say, Mommy can't get those for you because she's a weak woman and will eat them all before you can!
  • Juice2x
    Juice2x Posts: 2 Member
    I crave sugar and salt usually at 10pm or later. Last night I had Haagen daz ice cream and a snickers bar 20 mins before I fell asleep. Who does that?!
  • kenj_06
    kenj_06 Posts: 17
    I just had this problem last night. I seriously just ate a few chips, then had some more, then got a popsicle (that was healthy at least) then shared a slim jim with my son and finished off with a slice of small pizza. By the time I realized what I did I felt so guilty
  • kenj_06
    kenj_06 Posts: 17
    An open box of sweet cereal in my house means I'm going to binge eventually on it. Salt I'm ok with...well, most of the time.

I like to binge at night too. I think cool, I've eaten really well today, I can have one cookie (or something like that) and the next thing I know I'm sitting there with crumbs on me wondering what the heck just happened.

My boyfriend says don't bring it in the house, but I feel bad if my daughter wants something like poptarts and I have to say, Mommy can't get those for you because she's a weak woman and will eat them all before you can!

My husband is ALWAYS getting junk foods, it is horrible for me. One thing I wish he would do is buy a safe and keep it away from me. My kids can have something but me, no I eat once and its gone before I know it.
  • Zenjaeie
    Zenjaeie Posts: 95
    Anyone else have the issue of binging right before bed, in the 9-11 p.m. arena?

i'm good all day, may have even gone on a run, eaten dinner and am still full. but somehow it usually starts with a handful of breakfast cereal (my trigger food), and turns into three handfuls of breakfast cereal from the box (usually something peanut butter or special k). after eating a few handfuls of sweet, i'll get a craving for salt/savory and turn to tortilla chips/crackers. it's miserable, i don't even feel like i'm in my body when i binge, i feel like it's someone else doing it. after i binge i just think to myself "why the heck would i do that, i wasnt even hungry" and have no desire to binge. odd things, binges are.

Um, yes!! All of this is completely me, too! Welcome to the group.
  • having a problem last night got up and went in the kitchen to get a bottle of water and omg there I see a box of chocolate cup cakes my husband got them at the store and forgot to put them far away I never eat sweets but it was right there omg I took half of it I feel so guilty now :sad:
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,474 Member
    yep, I blame that on hubby, puts on storage wars,,,, then gets chips, chocolates, jubes,
    you name it, he eats it.
    sigh,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
  • _Kristen_Mae_
    _Kristen_Mae_ Posts: 1 Member
    I did really well all week and then Friday, there was a party at work. At first, I just had some fruit and then later in the day I went back for some of the other sugary things. That night I totally binged--ice cream bars and tortilla chips with melted shredded cheese. I will eat really well (not depriving myself of smaller treats, but still doing well), and then I totally lose my sense and binge. I go back and forth between sweet and salt. It's sooo frustrating!
  • I do and it is like I can't help myself. Maybe I should just start going to bed the same time as the kids. Can't binge eat if I am not awake.:sad:
  • kjoy_
    kjoy_ Posts: 316 Member
    I do and it is like I can't help myself. Maybe I should just start going to bed the same time as the kids. Can't binge eat if I am not awake.:sad:

I've been trying to go to bed earlier too. or drinking a cup of mint tea in bed. it seems like that's starting to help.

also, something weird happens to me every once in a while. i'll have a nightmare about an hour after i go to bed that wakes me up, and ill go down and eat something like a bowl of cereal and when i wake up the next morning i'll barely remember doing that! my roommate wakes up almost every night and eats or drinks something without remembering it also