Amazing fluctuation

moprimal
moprimal Posts: 13 Member
It amazes me to see how one's weight can fluctuate throughout the day.
I only weigh in on Saturday mornings, yet decided to do it again in the evening, this past Saturday.
Four pounds in difference; up, of course.
In the AM, I weighed a solid 218lbs, giving me a 10 lb loss over the course of 40 days. I was hoping to be much further ahead, but averaging a pound every four days is nothing to complain about either.
I decided to start another IF yesterday. I had a homemade burger with an amazing low carb egg/almond flour bun. That was at 2pm. Now, I'm just hitting the dreaded 18 hour mark, yet being a fat fast, I did have a BPC one hour ago. That should kick me over the edge and hold.

Replies

• KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,103 Member
    Personally, I only fast as it naturally occurs, or it tends to fuel my disordered eating tendencies. I'm envious of others who can force their bodies to comply with other programs, @moprimal

There was an athlete who tracked his weight over the course of a day, including an intense workout of 90 minutes or something. Over the course of the day, there was a total weight difference of over 20 pounds, primarily due to hydration and food consumption and such. It was incredibly enlightening to see such changes!

Personally, I try not to weight in more that that once in the morning, because I know morning to morning weights are more like apples to apples, so to speak, whereas a morning to evening comparison is like apples to meatballs - not even in the same ballpark! LOL
  • TheAncientMariner
    TheAncientMariner Posts: 444 Member
    I always tell people to never weigh daily for that very reason. I weigh daily but I use it as a tool to remind myself of where I'm trying to go. Yes, it fluctuates wildly but the trend is always down, and only the lowest weight off of the first reading is every recorded. I get off of the scale, move it to another stable place on the floor, and step back on just to be sure. I'm averaging just shy of a 2lb loss every week, so it's been a pretty interesting journey thusfar.