Dairy made Public

Options
I made my diary public. Please take a look at it and let me know any suggestions for changes I should make. I'm still in the induction phase. Today is the first day of my second week. Thanks. =)

Replies

• SOOZIE429
    SOOZIE429 Posts: 638 Member
    Options
    Hi there. Because you asked....... Did you read the Atkins book? You are not reaching your minimum of veggie carbs. You hardly eat any veggies at all! And my recommendation would be to eat way more food. Women on Atkins should be eating around 1500 calories. 1000-1200 is way too low.
  • MelMelMiller
    Options
    I've only read their website info & their Carb Counter booklet. I'm currently taking a multi vitamin since I'm not eating much veggies. I've been doing that on purpose trying to get my protein count up because I was having trouble getting enough in daily. So I cut back on veggies but I plan on adding them back after my second week of induction. I was hoping by doing so it would help me reach Ketosis faster.

Any other thoughts?
  • MelMelMiller
    Options
    Oh and thanks for the feedback. :)
  • SOOZIE429
    SOOZIE429 Posts: 638 Member
    Options
    It's really not a good idea to cut back on vegetables. You need the natural nutrients. Eating 20 net carbs will definitely get you into ketosis. No problem there. Don't sacrifice your health. I really recommend reading the book. You need to eat more too. :)

And if you're on Facebook, I also recommend joining the Atkins page and other Low Carb pages. Excellent advice.
  • EddieHaskell97
    EddieHaskell97 Posts: 2,227 Member
    Options
    You are definitely into a ketosis diet, but as pointed out, you'll need THREE cups of veggies a day. Either three cups of salad veggies or two cups of salad veggies and one of the "approved" induction vegetables. I still do two cups of salad (with a crumbled slice of cheddar, and full-fat ranch) and then a cup of broccoli (with 1/8 cup shredded cheese) on top.

I agree with SOOZIE absolutely. Don't sacrifice your health, and if you can, get a copy of "The Atkins Essentials" with the 2002 or later printing. Amazon.com sells copies for $0.01 (plus $2.99 shipping). I borrowed my copy for Kindle from my library, and it really does keep you safe and in the know.

http://www.amazon.com/The-Atkins-Essentials-ebook/dp/B000FC2JLQ/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1374253036&sr=1-1&keywords=The+Atkins+Essentials

Be safe, and you'll completely nail this!
  • MelMelMiller
    Options
    Awesome. I just ordered the book today. Thanks for the info.