Not so helpful, helpful husband and other stuff

Options
HLaR79
HLaR79 Posts: 1,519 Member
So this time around i have tried to get my husband engaged in the process of logging foid and exercise, i find i never choose to say no to him which is often a downfall of mine.
He is logging his food, but he is also avoiding the gym and still over eating a lot. Its hard to battle myself when he is cheering on my weakness. So back to ditching the husband! Hopefully i can clear a path for myself.

I decided this summer to apply for a weight loss surgery program. It is my hope that when my name gets to the top of that list that i can turn them down. I got a long way to go for that to happen. I know that this is it for me so morr gym time and less junk food.

Replies

• alanabanana01
    alanabanana01 Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    you go! This is your journey and your fight and you can do it! My hubby wants to lose weight, but is just not as motivated as I am---so I encourage him but we eat separately, and if he wants junk food, he keeps it out of my sight (thank goodness!)--- I eat out with him one day a week. I go to the gym alone, or take a workout class with a friend. It is working well. You can do this!
  • asrai50
    asrai50 Posts: 937 Member
    Options
    I feel your pain. My hubs has lost a considerable amount of weight, but we have to do it separately. He doesnt eat the same way I do and to get him to exercise with me is impossible. He is able to eat things I can't because we have different triggers. Plus..he is a 6 foot male while I am a 5'2 female :) We just compromise. I cook what I am going to cook and he eats it...or he doesnt. Sometimes he will eat part of it and make some separate side dish that he likes. He likes rice and potatoes and pasta...where I am trying to eat more veggies (which he hates). He is a big ice cream person where I am not, so at least that isnt a temptation for me. We have had do this on separate paths but we can still cheer each others accomplishments. Works for us :)
  • HLaR79
    HLaR79 Posts: 1,519 Member
    Options
    Husbands are so much fun! Mine is a truck driver so our schedules hardly have means together but when they do it usually envolves a crappy meal. I like the idea of him having to make other stuff if he doesnt like what i make, i have stopped buying most junk food even for him. We just dont need it.

Thursday i leave for my trip to the states my friend and i are doing breakfast in our rooms so i will have fruit and yogurt. We will have 4 restaurants meals, three of them will be at places i can get grilled chicken/salad/vegetabke dishes and one place will be a treat!!!
  • asrai50
    asrai50 Posts: 937 Member
    Options
    Sounds like a good plan!