Onederland! And forum friends?

Options
solska
solska Posts: 348 Member
Onederland! :D
I really wanted this a couple of weeks ago right before I turned 40, but still feels good:) Just 199.8. I know this is a lot of water weight as I got sick yesterday and also back to keto last couple of days, but still happy to see it! I haven't seen this number the past seven years! I'll be happy to see 198.3 which will be under 90 kgs or 89.9:). Thank you this forum and which contributed a lot to this happening! I wish I found this forum back when I first signed up on MFP... still, literally better late then never.

I would like to get down to at least 189 by Christmas/NYE. I'm still kind of new here, I would like to add friends who wish to stay very motivated over the next month. So please add me if you wish.

Replies

• DietPrada
    DietPrada Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    I am currently 199.73881 pounds (or 90.6 kg here in Australia). I can't ever seem to get below that. 90 kg seems to be my body's go to weight.
  • solska
    Options
    @EbonyDahlia That's exactly where I'm at (almost)! 90.62 kgs. What's your goal weight? Are you doing low carb/keto? A fat fast might break the plateau. You can do this!
  • cstehansen
    cstehansen Posts: 1,984 Member
    Options
    For the better part of 20 years, my joke was I would have to have something amputated to see the south side of 200. Been holding steady at 182 for several months with one dip to 175, but that was just not healthy. Congrats on getting to the 190's!
  • solska
    Options
    Thank you @cstehansen! Until I was in my early 30s, I would have never imagined that I would see high 170s, 180s, 190 or 200! So yeah, happy to be on the south side of 200:)

And congratulations on your success!
  • RowdysLady
    RowdysLady Posts: 1,370 Member
    Options
    Awesome success! I'm on the cusp at 208. Can't wait to hit it! Welcome to the forum!!
  • solska
    Options
    Thank you @RowdysLady. You will get there!
  • moonlights
    moonlights Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    I made onederland a few weeks ago, now I'm in 180sville - you'll be here in no time
  • DietPrada
    DietPrada Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    solska wrote: »
    @EbonyDahlia That's exactly where I'm at (almost)! 90.62 kgs. What's your goal weight? Are you doing low carb/keto? A fat fast might break the plateau. You can do this!

I've been Keto for 4 years. There's nothing I haven't tried at one point or another. I'm 30kg down from my start weight though so that's something.

Internet calculators say I should be between 68 and 74 (kg) but I would be a skeleton if I weight that little. I think I would be just right at about 80kg.

• nicsflyingcircus
    nicsflyingcircus Posts: 2,413 Member
    Options
    RowdysLady wrote: »
    Awesome success! I'm on the cusp at 208. Can't wait to hit it! Welcome to the forum!!

This makes me so irritated with myself. I hit 207 in may of 15, then self destructed and am now fighting to get back down, around 270 right now. Ugh. I could have been goal weight by now.
  • darvit207
    darvit207 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I actually hit onederland my self this week. It's been about 3 years since I've been under 200. I was really happy to see the 199 pop up the other day. My goal is to get down to 194 by Christmas. We can do this!
  • treehugnmama
    treehugnmama Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    I haven't seen onederland in 15 years. I will in 2017 though. down 61 and 32 away from one land. I got to 207 in 2010 but I struggled the entire time. this time it just works real lifestyle changes. I'm in for staying motivated this month.
  • Gallowmere1984
    Gallowmere1984 Posts: 6,626 Member
    Options
    I remember years ago, telling my ex-wife to stand behind me with my 1911, and if I ever hit 300, she was to shoot me in the back of the head without saying a word. It seems like such a hilarious thought since after getting below 200 in 2013, I never got above that again, even with three years of laziness, no lifting, and quitting calorie tracking for years after hitting 185.

Getting below 200 a monumental landmark that created a point for me that was never to be exceeded again, without even really trying. Congratulations, and I wish you the same future successes that I have seen since.
  • Midnightgypsy0
    Midnightgypsy0 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Congratulations to everyone.
    I'd love to see 200. Currently 235 and I keep playing with the same 10 pounds over and over again.
    Goal of 180.
    Sigh
    Need to try harder.
  • Catawampous
    Catawampous Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    Good job! *claps*
  • solska
    Options
    moonlights wrote: »
    I made onederland a few weeks ago, now I'm in 180sville - you'll be here in no time

Wow! @moonlights bravo and this is soooo encouraging!
  • solska
    Options
    @EbonyDahlia what matters is that you feel good. A fat fast is a bit different than just keto from what I understand.
    BUT--- 30kgs down! That's amazing!

I looked at your profile, it seems we are around the same height and age. This weight isn't super unhealthy, 80kgs would be great. I was for most of my teenage years, all of my 20s and early 30s around 73-74. I wasn't a skeleton (I don't have a small frame either.) I thought that I needed to lose a lot of weight back then which I now know is crazy. My ultimate goal is 63.5kgs. This might be too little. I was once 69.9 and I felt good but I still wouldn't be a skeleton if I lost a few. So that's the goal right now, but maybe I'll just be fine at 68...

What matters is to get healthy. I think a big part of my motivation now is all the health alarms, pre-diabetes, high cholesterol, knee and foot pain... all the pain improved with even this small weight loss. Of course if somehow along the way I end up putting on a lot more muscle then I guess a higher weight would be just fine since muscle is smaller than fat.

I've been Keto for 4 years. There's nothing I haven't tried at one point or another. I'm 30kg down from my start weight though so that's something.

Internet calculators say I should be between 68 and 74 (kg) but I would be a skeleton if I weight that little. I think I would be just right at about 80kg.

• solska
    Options
    RowdysLady wrote: »

This makes me so irritated with myself. I hit 207 in may of 15, then self destructed and am now fighting to get back down, around 270 right now. Ugh. I could have been goal weight by now.

@nicsflyingcircus Please don't be! I've only ever lost not even 20 pounds. I looked at your profile, and see that you have lost 100 lbs before! You can do this. You've done it before, only 7.1 pounds difference with what you've already done once. Look forward, don't dwell on the past.
  • solska
    Options
    I remember years ago, telling my ex-wife to stand behind me with my 1911, and if I ever hit 300, she was to shoot me in the back of the head without saying a word. It seems like such a hilarious thought since after getting below 200 in 2013, I never got above that again, even with three years of laziness, no lifting, and quitting calorie tracking for years after hitting 185.

Getting below 200 a monumental landmark that created a point for me that was never to be exceeded again, without even really trying. Congratulations, and I wish you the same future successes that I have seen since.

@Gallowmere1984 This is so encouraging (past the part about the shooting) that you haven't gone back up after you went below 200! Thank you so much for the encouragement!
  • Gallowmere1984
    Gallowmere1984 Posts: 6,626 Member
    Options

@Gallowmere1984 This is so encouraging (past the part about the shooting) that you haven't gone back up after you went below 200! Thank you so much for the encouragement!

It became my new "hard target" so to speak. I maintained for years between 180 and 190. As soon as I hit 195 last year around this time, something triggered and I went into hellcut mode again, taking myself down to 150. Unfortunately, I did end up skinnyfat as hell, because I did it solely via calorie restriction while sedentary. Back in August I decided that it was time to start lifting again while eating a surplus.

My Keto bulk thread is still around here somewhere, but I stopped updating it a while back when I realized that my bulk had turned into a fulk (150-177 in about 2.5 months) and started shorter cycles between extreme bulk and cut.
  • macchiatto
    macchiatto Posts: 2,890 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!!