Stage One Squats??

I am a bit confused on these squats....am I supposed to be just doing a normal squat or is there supposed to be weight added to it? Sorry I know this is a lame question but I want to make sure I am doing it correct.

Replies

• siany01
    siany01 Posts: 319 Member
    If you look at the table in the book there is a page number next to each exercise. If you go to that page number it corresponds to the exercise required. The first is a barbell back squat, though what weight you start at would be down to your individual strength.
  • jennij1984
    jennij1984 Posts: 47
    Ok thanks, I saw the page number on there and went to there and then saw that it went to the barbell squats so I was a little confused. Thanks!
  • siany01
    siany01 Posts: 319 Member
    If you are not ready for the barbell then you can start with body weight squats and then move up to weighted with dumbells and goblet squats (recent discovery for me the goblet and I really like them).

The whole point of stage one is getting going, working out where you are strength wise learning the basics. I spent a whole evening working out the lifts for stage one and then took the list to the gym and said to the trainer I want to do these please show me.

Its great fun.
  • sclaibo
    sclaibo Posts: 136 Member
    I was confused with the squats too. I don't have the book in front of me, but I think that particular page didn't have a picture and the actual squat didn't start til the next page. Either way, I remember being confused on which squat to do for Stage 1 so you are not alone! But yeah, do the barbell squat.
  • BarbellCowgirl
    BarbellCowgirl Posts: 1,271 Member
    In Supercharged, Lou recommends that you only move up to weighted squats if you can do 15 body weight squats with perfect form. Then you can progress to holding dumbbells or kettle bells, then the barbell.
  • sclaibo
    sclaibo Posts: 136 Member
    @cowgirl, I think that actually makes sense. I felt that, as a beginner, it seemed a little odd to go straight to barbell.