Starting whole30. Has anyone else been successful with whole30 and tracking? It's my first time trac

Options
Starting whole30. Has anyone else been successful with whole30 and tracking? It's my first time trac

Replies

• megabeth165
    megabeth165 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi there! I am on Day 5, and am thrilled! My general eating habits were already pretty close to the Whole30 guidelines but tightening things up has felt great! I am cooking waaay more and am loving the wholesome ingredients. I am still tracking my calories/macros, and I know it's advised against but I've been doing it for so long I really want to see how this shift in eating habits looks calorie wise. Already I've seen that my carbs are down and my fats are up... and that's ok! I wish you the best on this journey! I'd offer luck, but seriously, luck is not a factor here. It's all determination and desire. And you've got that!! So go get 'em!!
  • vikishick
    vikishick Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Thank you! That's inspiring. Add me as a friend if you like I'd love to share ideas and the support
  • Cindyk4919
    Cindyk4919 Posts: 713 Member
    Options
    A friend of mine who has a blood cancer just did whole 30 and his oncologist was extremely impressed by his "numbers".
  • megabeth165
    megabeth165 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Just finished Day 7 (even with Thanksgiving!) and feel so good about my choices! I know it's not about the numbers, but I'm down around 5 pounds and my jeans are fitting a bit better. Sooooo happy about it!! I'm using Real Plans as a meal planner and am loving it. It makes it really easy to stay on track and I'm always prepared with my food choices for the day.
  • monicaamy902
    monicaamy902 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Yes, I did it before and loved it. I love being Paleo and this is a good jump start. I should go back to it!!
  • wilsonoutdoors
    wilsonoutdoors Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I did my first whole30 last January with great success. I did an extended reintroduction phase so I could see how certain foods within a category affected me. Then I just stepped back and let it all go when life got crazy. I have recently started again and I am looking forward to cleaning it all up and feel as good as I did last time. My years experience has helped me realize how much I loved feeling that good and eating for me was easy. This time around I am tracking to just for the curiosity factor. With FitnessPal it has been easy. I click on the "add manually" and add the link to the whole30 recipes I find on line. Be sure to delete all info that copies over (recipe ingredients only). You can then modify the recipe from there if you want. Save it so you can do an easy add later. Hope this helps and I wish you much success!!