Introductions

Options
Hello!!! I couldn't see an appropriate intro discussion so I thought why not just start one. My name is Mark and I am a 36yr old male, aiming to lose about 25KG (55lbs). I have a binging problem, hence why I am here. I am also a serial yoyo dieter, moving from low carb, to a shake diet within a week. I normally do too much reading, and decide that tomorrow I will switch way of eating, and just binge eat everything in sight due to the fact that "I'll start tomorrow" mentality.

Its time to change, and I really hope this group can help :)

Peace
Mark

Replies

• JessicaMcB
    JessicaMcB Posts: 1,503 Member
    Options
    Hey Mark, nice to see men represented in this group! Not that I want anyone to struggle with binge eating but a lot of the discussion regarding binge issues is dominated by women- another perspective can be so instructive!

I'm Jessica, and I'm a Canadian stay at home mom of my 4, 2 and 1 Year old girls (in another life I was a corporate tax paralegal). I hit goal (and then surpassed it into underweight territory) in September and then started to struggle all of a sudden with binge eating for the first time ever. If I weren't marathon training I'm sure I would have put on more weight than I have (at about 134-135 and 5'9" presently up from 123) but need to go back to the cut because 128 is my best weight. I know what my way forward is (get off the sugar coaster, get back to ketosis where I have control), working on doing it but the performance losses as you re-fat adapt are so depressing. I hope to be able to say December will be binge free though because I need to get fat adapted ASAP for best training results for my marathon in June.