Staying motivated during the Holiday season

Options
Hello! I have challenged myself eat clean until Christmas and do at least 20 workouts. Trying to stay motivated and continue to eat healthy through this is going to be tough but I really feel like these forums on here will help! Looking forward to coming on here to give and receive motivation/ support!

Replies

• Gamliela
    Gamliela Posts: 2,468 Member
    Options
    I have this tendency to forget that the Christmas meal is only going to present me with, well maybe just, tops, a 500 calorie excess on one day. Then New Year's Eve, a week later with maybe another ,tops, 500 calorie excess. Ok, so thats 2 days. Now usually if I go over,lets say 100, 200 cals one day, it just gets made up for later, usually the next day I'm not as hungry or I walk a bit more over the next coupld of days and that takes care of it.

I haven't found that a couple of hundred calories at one meal makes any difference to weight loss or maintenance. It takes 3500 plus calories to put one pound of fat back on.

The big thing is just make it one celebratory meal, not two weeks of celebratory eating! ;)