What good is a flounce if nobody reads it?

Options
Philtex
Philtex Posts: 947 Member
I posted this on Sandy's Saturday WI thread, but the board was pretty quiet over the weekend.

I have decided to quit going for a monthly WW WI. That will end my last connection to WW. I still weigh myself at home but the need to keep my Lifetime status active is not there any more. Guess this post is sort-of a WW flounce.

Replies

• Swtdwy
    Swtdwy Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I've been so lame. I haven't weighed in or gone to a meeting in many many months, but never seem to get over there to cancel my membership. What's that called? Anti-flounce?
  • Al_Howard
    Al_Howard Posts: 8,083 Member
    Options
    As I'm still trying to lose, so still go to meetings. TOL has her lifetime, and wants to go, so she doesn't slip up. Good thing, because it would be easy for me to say effit, on way too many occasions.
  • klmackey893
    klmackey893 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Mark you can cancel on line. That is what I did. My company has free online program that includes some free stuff( blender, food scale, measuring cups, exercise DVD's, ant the like) and I signed up to give it a try. We will see.
  • minimyzeme
    minimyzeme Posts: 2,708 Member
    Options
    Well, maybe I missed it but are you succeeding on your own? If so, maybe that leads you to one fork; if not another.
  • Philtex
    Options
    minimyzeme wrote: »
    are you succeeding on your own?

I have been maintaining below goal for over four years, although sometimes the cushion is less than I would like it to be. WW knew what they were talking about when they used the term "Lifetime". There is no end to this.
  • minimyzeme
    minimyzeme Posts: 2,708 Member
    Options
    I have been maintaining below goal for over four years...

Awesome, Phil! That's a tremendous accomplishment. I am only starting to appreciate the significance of 'Lifetime' but it gives me inspiration to hear of your and others' success with it.

Thanks!

• DavidKuhnsSr
    DavidKuhnsSr Posts: 6,931 Member
    Options
    I did the same thing in June. Don't know what there is to cancel, though. I suppose we are still in their system and would have to pay if we attended meeting, but other than that ...
  • countcurt
    countcurt Posts: 593 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    I'm a holdout, but I don't know for how much longer. My meeting is not highly attended so I suspect they will flounce on me before I get the chance.

I do like my ML. And I like some of the regulars. There are a couple of them that drive me bonkers (I'm sure everybody here is shocked). But I, too, find I am getting less out of the meetings. Not quite nothing, but getting there.

Right now I have enough credits for free online tools (which I never use anyway) to last me until 2022. By then my credit card on file will be expired so I don't even have to worry about getting charged without realizing.
  • gadgetgirlIL
    gadgetgirlIL Posts: 1,381 Member
    Options
    I'm still going once a month just to weigh in. I fear that if I stop doing that, then I'm going to creep up even more. I've not been on a good weight trajectory this fall.
  • steve0mania
    steve0mania Posts: 2,996 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the "flounce club." I flounced from WW a number of years ago (I can't even remember when...maybe after 2 years with them). I just stopped feeling the value of being a real member as I moved to an intuitive approach.
  • Jerdtrmndone
    Jerdtrmndone Posts: 5,701 Member
    Options
    I have also decided to give up meetings as a Lifetimer because I still weigh the same as I did 3 yrs. ago between losing and Gaining but I am still happy with my accomplishments. Also I get frustrated that people come to meetings just to meet up with someone and just talk to each other at the whole meeting with out respect to others that are there for the right reasons.
    Besides I think the support here is awesome!
  • JimfromColumbia
    JimfromColumbia Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I gotta say the discipline represented by the time you guys have stayed at goal weight gives me hope...
  • podkey
    podkey Posts: 5,097 Member
    Options
    NICE! If ya gotta sashay outtta WW .... well bless ya. I still go to my meeting weekly but if it gets changed or canceled I wont start one with a group of strangers who stare at "that guy" who already at lifetime weight. So far so good for 8 years.
  • mr_sandyman
    mr_sandyman Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Philtex,
    I feel shame.
    It had been several weeks since anyone had posted on my Saturday reminder that I just started doing the hit & run thing, then catching up the following week. My bad!

2012-2013 was golden for me at WW and I lost very well. I don't know if WW changed or if they didn't keep up. I still attend a very active meeting with a great ML but feel a lot is missing in the on-line community and I haven't kept up my part either.

The great thing that I see here at MFP is you don't need to be associated with WW to play with the other losers. Your path to sanity is your own and as a responsible adult you can make the choice to continue here with others that are walking the same or similar road outside of mother WW.

Yours was always a calming voice and I hope you continue to contribute.

Sandy
  • Philtex
    Options
    Sandy - you deserve lots of credit for posting that thread each Saturday. No requirement that you follow-up.

2011, 2012, 2013 - those were great times for GoaD. It is good to have it here now but like I see in many things in life, it isn't what it used to be.

Thanks for the nice thought and I do plan to continue posting. See you around.
  • beachwoman2006
    beachwoman2006 Posts: 1,214 Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    I guess I flounced in January 2015 since that's the last time I attended a meeting. I do still "sort of" follow the Core plan; but I'm mainly concentrating on eating as healthy as I can and being mindful of portion sizes.

I'm actually considering becoming one of the "resolutioners" in January. Since I'm a lifetime member and "only" a few pounds above goal, I will be able to attend a meeting by only paying for one missed meeting. Who knows? Maybe going back to meetings will give me the motivation to be a little more focused on what I'm doing. ::shrug::
  • Philtex
    Options
    Sounds like a plan Cindy. Good luck.

Just to bring back some of the flavor of the 'old' GOAD, why wait until January? ;)
  • beachwoman2006
    beachwoman2006 Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    Philtex wrote: »
    Sounds like a plan Cindy. Good luck.

Just to bring back some of the flavor of the 'old' GOAD, why wait until January? ;)

Because I'm going to be going out of town to visit my son over the holidays :)