Pedaling Goadies - Thanksgiving Edition

Options
Swtdwy
Swtdwy Posts: 83 Member
Hopefully you had a great weekend. Did it involve cycling?

Replies

• Swtdwy
    Swtdwy Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I took Wednesday off (pure self preservation or the traffic would have rendered me effectively lobotomized). So I had 5 glorious days off. I was able to ride on four of those days. All short/medium rides - 32/28/24/20 miles. Put me over 3000 miles for the year. Felt pretty good for most of them. All fun rides with DW and other friends. Didn't ride Saturday because it was raining pretty good and 20+ mph winds.

Not sure how much more riding I'll be doing this year. Weekend holiday plans, and I'll be out of town over the holidays. So glad to get my 3K in.
  • gadgetgirlIL
    gadgetgirlIL Posts: 1,381 Member
    Options
    I got out on my bike yesterday for 30 miles. The weatherpeople lied. It never got anywhere close to 50 degrees and sunny. It was around 40 and foggy so felt even colder due to the dampness. But I layered up and had my toe & hand warmers (Raynaud's) so I survived.

I only need 24 more miles to break 1,200 miles for the year. I haven't been anywhere close to this mileage since 2005. I'm keeping any eye on Sunday's weather but at the moment there is rain in the forecast. But it is only Monday so it could change by the weekend.
  • klmackey893
    klmackey893 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    I was a slug bike wise this weekend. Weather was nippy and I had to get the Christmas lights up. Daughter was home for the weekend too and also had to watch the Washington Huskies win the Pac 12 North (when I went there it was only the Pac 8). Need to purchase and mount new brake pads on the rear wheel.

Rode to work this morning with a tail wind and no rain but going home in the dark with a head wind and rain. Should be able to beat my 2nd highest mileage year (3496) by the end of next week unless the snows of December come.